steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GTI
Occupation
Customer Success
Country flag
I saw this on a video earlier today from the Electric Viking. I am assuming this is fake, but I had to check since I had not seen it anywhere yet.
Tesla Cybertruck This photo is fake right? 1678147348631
Sponsored

OP
OP
scoobysteve0

scoobysteve0

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GTI
Occupation
Customer Success
Country flag
Ahh, Sorry guys! I had a feeling it was fake, but I still needed to check. Sorry if I let anyone else down like I did myself.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I saw this on a video earlier today from the Electric Viking. I am assuming this is fake, but I had to check since I had not seen it anywhere yet.
1678147348631.png
You say you saw it on Electric Viking's channel, but you provided no link to the video nor any time indexed link. Yet apparently you took the time to capture a frame image. You'd be well advised to provide the actual video link if you're going to cite someone's channel as the source.

I'm pretty sure Sam Evans wouldn't have photo-shopped such an image himself, unless he was expressing something hypothetically, so what actual video did you really get this from? Again, you need to provide us the link.

For any video screenshot, the link is also important because there could be intentional context for this imagery if it was in a video (i.e. speculating or predicting the future production, etc.). But, from your just posting an image alone, viewers can never know. Let's strive to be better than the MSM (because that's certainly not hard), by posting the link so we can see the full relevant context if there is any.

Posting images alone is fine as long as the video link is already in the thread somewhere, and you're just referring to it. But if you're the one initially posting a video frame to highlight something, it's a good idea to include the video link also to substantiate your source.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:
OP
OP
scoobysteve0

scoobysteve0

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GTI
Occupation
Customer Success
Country flag
You say you saw it on Electric Viking's channel, but you provided no link to the video nor any time indexed link. Yet apparently you took the time to capture a frame image. You'd be well advised to provide the actual video link if you're going to cite someone's channel as the source.

I'm pretty sure Sam Evans wouldn't have photo-shopped such an image himself, unless he was expressing something hypothetically, so what actual video did you really get this from? Again, you need to provide us the link.

For any video screenshot, the link is also important because there could be intentional context for this imagery if it was in a video (i.e. speculating or predicting the future production, etc.). But, from your just posting an image alone, viewers can never know. Let's strive to be better than the MSM (because that's certainly not hard), by posting the link so we can see the full relevant context if there is any.

Posting images alone is fine as long as the video link is already in the thread somewhere, and you're just referring to it. But if you're the one initially posting a video frame to highlight something, it's a good idea to include the video link also to substantiate your source.

- ÆCIII
Your right, It was posted quickly, and then I found out after posting that it was fake. I then realized you cannot delete posts so, there was nothing I could do. and now I have to sit in my shame.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Your right, It was posted quickly, and then I found out after posting that it was fake. I then realized you cannot delete posts so, there was nothing I could do. and now I have to sit in my shame.
You’re good. Fake photos are better than no photos.

If you feel really bad, I will trade reservation positions if you have a 5 digit or less reservation number. 😁

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Actually, you should be able to delete posts that you create, with the following options appearing to you in the lower left corner of your own posts whenever you view them:

Tesla Cybertruck This photo is fake right? 1678155918794

So you can either Edit the post to include the video link afterward, or just add some text, whatever, or you should be able delete a post. I've edited my own posts many times.

- ÆCIII

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Was going to say, not only is it fake, does not look like a Tesla assembly line. They are all much more space efficient. Hardly any robots in that shot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.