Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Back to the topic of the in-bed lighting, heh:

I use my truck for loading and unloading band gear for musical performances, so having good lighting at night is really helpful. I think this will be superior to my Ridgeline bed lighting, since the light is the length of the bed, rather than just two small fixtures in the sides of the bed. I'm wondering if there will be additional lighting in the in-bed trunk. The in-bed trunk lighting is a weakness on the Ridgeline, as it depends on the small lights on the side of the bed and if the lid isn't fully opened, it's dark in the in-bed trunk, because the light fixtures are above the lid. I'm often loading and unloading in the rain, so I often keep the bed tonneau cover closed to keep bed and gear dry, which prevents the in-bed trunk on the Ridgeline from opening fully to allow light inside.
I can totally seeing the tesla engineers sitting in a room deciding where to put these spot bed lights and going should they go in the front, should they go in the back, on the sides etc. and someone going, well the best location for lighting is all locations so lets just put the light everywhere. so they put long strips along both sides.
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
No, there seems to be another access hatch way forward in the back. It seems too far forward to access the motors, so perhaps it's a cleanout for the vault cover? We don't know, we've never seen it open, assuming it does.

-Crissa
I think the image below may actually be the only image of it open. i think that roll and bar around the back of the cab actually may be what the tonneau coils up on. Obviously its not a clear shot.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed vault lighting is so clean (clearest photo yet) 1695857009725

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
We are constantly building here and making a lot of dust. Pollution isn't settling on your cars or truck beds.
My favorite part about the internet is that SOMEBODY is always willing to argue and correct you about an experience YOU had 40 years ago..... /S :cool:

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Does the back window go down? That would make a huge difference for car camping.
No one really knows, i think! But my vote is likely no. But that DOES NOT mean it isn't climate controlled.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
If any hinges are exposed in the bed it would be a huge design flaw. those arent hinges.
Sorry for the wrong terminology. I was referring to the hardware associated with the under vault storage towards the tailgate.

Thanks for the correction.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Sorry for the wrong terminology. I was referring to the hardware associated with the under vault storage towards the tailgate.

Thanks for the correction.
I know. And I am saying that’s not what we see in this image

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
My favorite part about the internet is that SOMEBODY is always willing to argue and correct you about an experience YOU had 40 years ago..... /S :cool:
If you believe it has no relevance, why would you bring up your experience from 40 years ago?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think what we are seeing is tie down points. which would make some sense since they cant put those on the vault in the vault lid.
I hope so!

We are constantly building here and making a lot of dust. Pollution isn't settling on your cars or truck beds.
It does, though? Brake dust, emissions from industrial plants, fallout from wildfires... It's much better on that second point now than forty years ago, and they're requires to do dust mitigation while building now, that they weren't before.

I don't wear a mask while bicycling along the highway because of the pollen.

-Crissa

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag