First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Thank you for posting the tables.

But now its been changed again, and confirmed the full size Cybertruck is to be about 3% smaller, Is it now a 6 ft x 54.5" bed or is it still 6.5ft x 57" ??

P.S. Cybertruck has been removed from the U.S. website.

Tesla Cybertruck Tight Wolverine Cybertruck Size Predictions and Visualizations (-3%, -5%, -8%) 1613653484784
Sponsored

Last edited:

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I want a truck that is the same size and looks as close to the same (DOT appeased)as the one Elon rolled out on stage. If anyone wants a smaller truck go buy a smaller truck. I need a full size truck that can tow a 10,000 pound trailer. The “biggest, baddest” truck was that size not 3% smaller. Definitely not 8% smaller and besides last week we were told engineering was finished.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I want a truck that is the same size and looks as close to the same (DOT appeased)as the one Elon rolled out on stage. If anyone wants a smaller truck go buy a smaller truck. I need a full size truck that can tow a 10,000 pound trailer. The “biggest, baddest” truck was that size not 3% smaller.
Why do you think a 3% loss in outer dimensions means a loss of lowing capacity?

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It’s still both on the US and Norwegian sites for me. Otherwise it would be exciting as it could signify a refresh of the pages with new images.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Why do you think a 3% loss in outer dimensions means a loss of lowing capacity?

-Crissa
I don’t. But I don’t want any reduction in size or towing capacity. The bigger the heavier the truck the more HP the more it can tow. A lighter truck means less younger weight. I don’t keep my F350 in a garage I use it for my construction business in Philadelphia. I tow equipment and material. And on the completely macho nonsensical side I want the biggest baddest truck on the block! I’m just being honest and I’m sure lots of guys feel like I do. Shame on me but I want a CT because not only is it economical (I have a model3) but it will beat the pants off of a Ford Raptor. Raptors aren’t getting used as work trucks! At a 100grand who can afford to? The CT No maintenance if one motor craps the bed you still have two more!!!! 500 mikes between fill ups? That’s the truck I signed up for. Don’t change a thing. I guess I can live with the 3% but please stop there.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I don’t. But I don’t want any reduction in size or towing capacity. The bigger the heavier the truck the more HP the more it can tow. A lighter truck means less younger weight. I don’t keep my F350 in a garage I use it for my construction business in Philadelphia. I tow equipment and material. And on the completely macho nonsensical side I want the biggest baddest truck on the block! I’m just being honest and I’m sure lots of guys feel like I do. Shame on me but I want a CT because not only is it economical (I have a model3) but it will beat the pants off of a Ford Raptor. Raptors aren’t getting used as work trucks! At a 100grand who can afford to? The CT No maintenance if one motor craps the bed you still have two more!!!! 500 mikes between fill ups? That’s the truck I signed up for. Don’t change a thing. I guess I can live with the 3% but please stop there.
That’s tongue weight. Damn intuitive typing!

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag

But now its been changed again, and confirmed the full size Cybertruck is to be about 3% smaller, Is it now a 6 ft x 54.5" bed or is it still 6.5ft x 57" ??

1613653484784.png
Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner and Cyber truck will appear in the drop down box, and has been like that for a while

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Bigger does not necessarily mean heavier or more horsepower or more range.

Nor did Elon say the 3% came from the wheel width/base configuration, the battery (where the weight comes from) or the cargo capacity.

Bigger just means bigger, it doesn't confer any direct benefits to capacity.

-Crissa

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag

1613653484784.png
3% reduction in the 78" bed is 75.66". I'm not sure Elon will give up the 6.5' bed. We will have to see.

Another something to consider is the only reason the CT didn't fit well in the tunnel (Elon's reason for his choice to shrink the CT) was the height and width. Possibly (although unlikely to me) overall length remains unchanged. peace

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I live in the UK and have pre ordered the dual motor CT and was concerned regarding news of not coming to UK. I have only seen one or two articles stating that so do not believe it to be the case.

In the video on youtube with Jay Leno Elon already stated its being reduced by 5%, This puts it inline with a large van in the UK such as a Vauxhall Vivaro. I drive a large van for work and get around the narrow streets in southwest England just fine. I wouldn't recommend it for daily use to pick up your milk in the morning but for a working vehicle it will suit UK just fine.

also looking at your handy charts (cheers for that) the 5% puts it bang on for competition with other vehicles and supplying a larger market worldwide.
Sponsored

Last edited: