Cyberlicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2) Model X, Model Y, Model 3, CT (day 1 res)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It doesn’t flake or chip it just starts to dull. But since it is self annealing you can apply a refresher coat when needed without stripping.
Hi there, I noticed on your website that you’re located in Rancho Cordova. I live 10 miles away from Rancho and was curious if you guys offer application services. I picked up my Cybertruck last week and I’m interested in your product and having it applied properly the first time.
Sponsored

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Hi there, I noticed on your website that you’re located in Rancho Cordova. I live 10 miles away from Rancho and was curious if you guys offer application services. I picked up my Cybertruck last week and I’m interested in your product and having it applied properly the first time.
Yes, we are in Rancho Cordova. We are working with a detail shop located in the building behind us. I will DM you with details.

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2022 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Occupation
C.P.A.
Country flag
How about putting ProtectaClear only on the doors above the crease and below the windows in order to abate the fingerprint issue. Seems like that may be the only place the really would benefit from a coating.

Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now 1710616246355-k

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Yes, we are in Rancho Cordova. We are working with a detail shop located in the building behind us. I will DM you with details.
Can you please DM me the details also, I am local. Thanks

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
If I opt for a wrap in the future, will I need to strip off the ProtectaClear?
My wrap guy recommend a shield base with the wrap over. The base should be over the entire vehicle. The base is not vinyl, but a much more durable material, depending on the product. Wraps are vinyl and only last 3 to 5 years. So, I did a 3M Pro Series "paint wrap" on the whole body with a 3M vinyl wrap on the frunk. I am not going to tell you guys what design I used on the vinyl because I don't want to see another one! When the vinyl wears out, they can easily peal it off without damaging the paint wrap and install another vinyl wrap. Total cost = $4,800.

OP
OP
ehuna

ehuna

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
How about putting ProtectaClear only on the doors above the crease and below the windows in order to abate the fingerprint issue. Seems like that may be the only place the really would benefit from a coating.

1710616246355-kn.png
That could work, but the @ProtectaClear makes it a bit darker, see the picture below where we hadn't yet applied it on the left side.

I also find it much easier to clean, in addition to taking care of fingerprints.

Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now protectaclear-cb

Last edited:
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C.P.A.
Country flag
That could work, but the @ProtectaClear makes it a bit darker, see the picture below where we hadn't yet applies it on the left side.

I also find it much easier to clean, in addition to taking care of fingerprints.

protectaclear-cb.png
I don't understand why it would be easier to clean with a coating. I plan to take mine to an automated car wash assuming naked stainless steel would not be affected by brushes. Wouldn't that clean the car? What am I missing?

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C.P.A.
Country flag
And does ProtectaClear result in a polished finish or a mat finish? It's hard to tell by looking at the pictures.

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
ProtectaClear offers more protection than from just fingerprints, it protects against tarnish and corrosion from all environmental contaminants, like bugs, bird poop, road salts, etc. So I would not recommend just doing part of a panel.

Also as @ehuna stated, there is a slight color difference between the coated and non coated metal that would be noticeable. Check out the picture below from the Tesla show room, you can see the fingerprints are more than just on the top panel as well.

Tesla Cybertruck Took our Cybertruck to car wash (photos) + update on ProtectaClear. No fingerprints for weeks now IMG_3215

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
I don't understand why it would be easier to clean with a coating. I plan to take mine to an automated car wash assuming naked stainless steel would not be affected by brushes. Wouldn't that clean the car? What am I missing?
Manual advises not to take to a car wash but says if you do it should only be a “touchless” carwash.

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
For the last few weeks, we have taken Rover 1 to "Auto Pride Hand Car Wash" here in the peninsula, in the SF Bay Area.

The guys did a great job and it's working out so well, we took a monthly subscription - some pictures below.

The @ProtectaClear is holding up without issues! There's a bit of pressure washing at the beginning, but it has not caused problems. It is just much easier to clean with the ProtectaClear

Amazon says protextaclea sold in 4 oz bottles, one rated as covering 25 sq ft. How many bottles for a Cybertruck. I’m figuring 6.

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C.P.A.
Country flag
Manual advises not to take to a car wash but says if you do it should only be a “touchless” carwash.
What happened to all the talk about how bulletproof this vehicle is? Now it can't stand up to car wash brushes?

Kiborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non tesla
Country flag
What happened to all the talk about how bulletproof this vehicle is? Now it can't stand up to car wash brushes?
They are talking about ProtectaClear treated truck. I think.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
They are talking about ProtectaClear treated truck. I think.
No, the manual for CT says it. It's not because the stainless can't handle the cloth brushes. It's because every car manufacturer puts that in their manual as a cover their asses clause just in case a brush that's in disrepair catches the corner of a plastic trim piece or something and yanks it off.
Sponsored