First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Glad I didn’t bother clicking on this.

There is a lot of Tesla clickbait out there. Much of it just near robotic regurgitating of old data with a mix of urban legend, mis-quotes, and errors. So long as they get a good enough title to get your click… **WIN** Ad revenue follows.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I’m not sure, I think it might have been a lottery? I know only about 1 in 20 made were that base config. Can’t recall where, but someone I chatted with said they got 10 of them at that price for a fleet and they love them.
For 22, if anyone got it, it probably was lottery. They were trying dangle the $40K pricing to keep people's attention and push people to higher trims at the time of order. I was only interested in Pro at $40K. If I was going to pay more, I would go for a Rivian. So I rejected their invitation to order with Pro grayed out but extended my reservation. 6 months later when ordered opened for 23, I had the priority to order since I had exchanged a bird with Ford on the first round. They already had the first price hike at that time but they said they honor 22 pricing for me. They had another hike after that and dealers were playing game and no one knew if they could actually get the truck at that price until delivery. I got it at base price plus $4K of options. Ford knows the stress of that uncertainty is pushing a lot of people toward Tesla and Rivian and trying to put the squeeze on dealers. My dealer was really nervous about the Ford survey I got after the transaction and I used it to get additional stuff.

If you are a plumber or electrician seems to me like they would be amazing.
I am neither and I am impressed. Don't get me wrong, it is a work truck and it is a Ford. You don't get the feeling of the refinement you get out of a BMW or a Volvo but everything was better than I expected. Sound quality, seats, ride were all better than any other work truck I have been in. Great time to be a plumber indeed.

My truck spend most of it's time in the driveway. The largest environmental impact both with Smi and with CT will be commercial use. Very curious about seeing how professional truck users use CT. And where those customers are on Tesla priority list.

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Record scratch. wuuuuut. They ditched union labor when they spun out?!
He’s writing a recipe for how Ford could survive, not describing the current situation.

Though Ford has moved a lot of production to Mexico and I think our of the reach of UAW.

(Not going to get into what I think is right or wrong here, just describing the situation).

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
the hate comes from short sellers and legacy auto who are terrified by the CT.... they don't much care about cars, but trucks are how they stay in business. no trucks, no Ford GM or Chevy.
The hate comes from people who find it ugly. But I wonder if some people will like it better with a wrap. I'm sure we will see some flat or satin black wraps soon after it becomes available.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I prefer the title:

Topspeed: Why The Tesla Cybertruck Doesn't Deserve All The Hate It Gets (but the service center does)
Sponsored