Trade-in offer pending

Big Easy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3, 2022 Bronco, 2008 Tundra
Country flag
I am going through the steps of actually purchasing my founders edition but have been stuck on trade-in offer pending for days. I am trying to trade a model 3 so not sure why it is taking so long. Anybody else having this issue?
Tesla Cybertruck Trade-in offer pending IMG_2156
Sponsored

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Try and see how much kkb.com will offer u

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
Our trade in has been in a pending state for over two weeks now. I messaged Tesla and they called to let me know they are slammed with end of year deliveries. Doesn’t sound like any of us normies will be taking delivery before EOY, so I wouldn’t expect to get a trade in value until closer to delivery. I think their offers are only good for 30 days.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
You won’t get an offer until your CT is ready to go. Trade in values are dependent on mileage. If your M3 has 50k miles on it but it takes Tesla 4 months to get your truck and now it has 56k miles on it, your trade in value will decrease.

OP
OP

Big Easy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our trade in has been in a pending state for over two weeks now. I messaged Tesla and they called to let me know they are slammed with end of year deliveries. Doesn’t sound like any of us normies will be taking delivery before EOY, so I wouldn’t expect to get a trade in value until closer to delivery. I think their offers are only good for 30 days.
Well that makes me feel a little better to know I’m not the only one.

OP
OP

Big Easy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You won’t get an offer until your CT is ready to go. Trade in values are dependent on mileage. If your M3 has 50k miles on it but it takes Tesla 4 months to get your truck and now it has 56k miles on it, your trade in value will decrease.
Only problem is without the trade I can’t get an accurate offer for financing (which is the next step in the process)

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
Same here. Pending trade in offer on my model X which is also dependent on total I’ll finance

Johnelrod12

First Name
Rizzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model 3
Occupation
Sales, Real Estate, Business Owner
Country flag
I am going through the steps of actually purchasing my founders edition but have been stuck on trade-in offer pending for days. I am trying to trade a model 3 so not sure why it is taking so long. Anybody else having this issue?
IMG_2156.png
I work for one of the largest online auctions in the US. Tesla is low balling trade ins as I have compared their quote compared to others. Try GIVEMETHEVIN.com
Carmax
Webuyanycar.com
Carvana

if you put your info into KBB then dealerships will call you and you can negotiate. Do not settle for a low trade in value.

OP
OP

Big Easy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I work for one of the largest online auctions in the US. Tesla is low balling trade ins as I have compared their quote compared to others. Try GIVEMETHEVIN.com
Carmax
Webuyanycar.com
Carvana

if you put your info into KBB then dealerships will call you and you can negotiate. Do not settle for a low trade in value.
I did get quotes from several online car buyers. Just wanted to see if Tesla came close to the average trade quote then would just go with them for simplicity.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I have 37,700 miles on M3 with autopilot/long range. I was offered 22,500 last week at the Tesla dealer. Although KBB and the other aforementioned sites provide a higher price point when you consider tax offset ( in FL) of trade-in value deducted from total price it’s not worth the hassle. My case is not as difficult as others because I am not financing.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
IMG_2156.png
Yes. You’ll want to reach out either text or call Tesla to check the status. I had to text them to learn they are waiting on a new photo from one side of my MS trade in. (Waiting over a week with no update until I texted to ask to confirm there are no current steps for me to complete.)
Short answer: I’d reach out to Tesla outside of 72 hours to starting the Trade in process if they hadn’t completed a value for your trade in.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Carmax
Webuyanycar.com
Carvana

Thanks for sharing. That could be useful knowledge.

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I placed my AWD order on Dec 8th and immediately uploaded trade-in info for my 2018 M3P FSD with 75,000 miles. I finally got my offer on Dec 21 for $19,500, still waiting on a VIN. Fingers crossed I get delivery before it expires on Jan 21.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
They are only good for 30 days so unless someone has a scheduled delivery appointment, it’s only gonna be useful for giving you a rough idea of what they’ll give you for it. I’m using it to see what amount I’ll need to finance and if it’s worth trying to sell instead of trading it in.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
IMG_2156.png
Unfortunately, I personally know Tesla low balls trade ins compared to others like Carmax and the like. You're better off selling the car on your own or through Carmax, carvana, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: