JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Mines need to be countered by the weight of the vehicle. That's part of the reason that Humvee size vehicles have fallen out of favor for either light and fast or bigger and mine resistant. The JLTV weighs something like 3X cybertruck
Didn't mean to imply it was mine proof, just that it would be already better than most other commercial vehicles. Terms like bullet or mine proof are misnomers anyway, there's always a bigger munition and bigger explosion that can be made, all at marginally extra cost in comparison to the vehicle.

The other strategy for mines is to have a v shaped underbody which deflects the blast sideways, and suspension seats. Mass obviously helps throttle the energy put into people, but often comes at the expense of mobility and performance, which is another problem you want to avoid.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Using this conversion scale:
https://upmold.com/bhn-hv-hrb-hrc-hardness-conversion-table/

and a quick google search for ballistic steel hardness which results in: 480-540 Brinnel.

We are getting an exoskeleton that is almost.. but not quite ballistic steel.

I point this out.. only because I was standing next to an NYPD SUV at a red light yesterday and noticed for the first time that they have an extra layer of steel armor on the front doors that I only noticed because it was raised up above the natural level of the body panels.

I immediately started thinking about how the cybertruck exoskeleton would fare.
It being bullet proof is one of the primary reasons I want it lol.
Sponsored