Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I honestly feel keeping the CT with original concept is how it should be and truly this is the way it should of stayed. Just goes to show everyone how AWESOME this (CONCEPT) of CT truly is. Plain and simple.

I think that Texas likes the idea as well. I mean, everything in Texas is big! ? right? ?
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Oh man I didn't even realize garaging is important because of CHARGING. Maybe full 3-5% smaller was a good idea. I'm in an apartment for the foreseeable while, so garage size dosnt matter to me. :unsure:

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
Yes, the fact that the CT is electric makes it more complicated than ICE trucks which are “meant to be kept outside.”

Tesla says their chargers can be used outdoors but finding a location and getting 220v there can be complicated.

There’s also the question of temperature regulation for the batteries, which like to stay in a pretty narrow temp range. If you park your CT out in the cold it will use lots of energy keeping the battery warm, versus parking in an insulated or (even better) climate controlled garage.

With all that in mind I’m surprised the CT wasn’t designed from the start to fit in a “standard” garage.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
even with the reduced sells from people who cant fit it in garage, it will sell PLENTY. They can get the smaller truck when it comes out, 3-5years? if they still want it. but my guess is by that time there will be more options for EV utility type vehicles.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Like my vehicles parked enclosed structures.. Wouldn't want to come out to this situation.
Tesla Cybertruck Update: Cybertruck Will Keep Concept's Size, But Separate Smaller Cybertruck Likely! No wheels

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The concept truck debuts in November. Then Elon said it needs to shrink roughly 5% to fit into a standard garage. He then tweets they reduced the size by 3%. Now Elon meets with Franz and says the concept won‘t change from the original dimensions(?)

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am very interested in a SUV derived from CT. This rendition caught my attention!! If Elon builds something like this, it will sell!

screenshot_8094.jpg
Th is is totally doable. But the would have to keep the angled back part from the CT as that is absolutely needed structurally

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm happy that they are keeping the original size and have no issue with getting mine in the garage as I easily fit my Ram 1500. But living in a northern clime, it is important to me getting the truck in a heated garage so I can see where that may be very important for some people. I've ordered the dual motor version and losing 10-20% of a 300 mile range would be a problem. Hoping the batteries by production date will bump the 300+ to 350+.

CyberDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR RW, Model S 75 RW
Occupation
EE
Country flag
After watching the video clip from the upcoming Jay Leno's Garage episode, I believe the Cybertruck looks great as is. This is actually great news. I've been building a new garage in my yard to accommodate the current Cybertruck dimensions, anyway.

IMG_0691.jpeg
I really like this garage design! Is this a kit or are you having a contractor build? Any info is very appreciated. I am also very happy about the Cybertruck keeping its size.
Sponsored