Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Very bummed.

I planned to trade in my current 2019 Ram 1500 on it. Adding 2 more years would drop my trade-in value a bunch.
Same conundrum here on Model 3 trade-in. Currently I have the cost covered in savings + trade-in, but now it will be savings going up but trade in going down.

Tempted to "rough it" and sell the Model 3 now while demand is high, and get a new bicycle (or maybe I should actually use my Harley!) while I wait....besides a majority of my trips around town during COVID are just to get fast food and sodas, which I shouldn't be doing!
Sponsored

Rio

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan
Country flag
I have no problem with the delay. I placed an order the second day, not sure where that places me in the delivery order. I have a 10 year old truck with low km’s that will last a while. What I don’t have is that enough money to pay for the cybertruck. I’ve got some Tesla stock and $10,000 saved up so far. The delay will hopefully give me time to save up enough to pay for it.

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
Anticipating delays, I purchased a Model Y to tide me over until my Cybertruck would be ready.
SO GLAD I did.

I'm enjoying the Model Y :cool:- but unfortunate so is my wife :sneaky:

I'll be trading her in when the Cybertruck is ready [ the model y, not the wife :rolleyes: ]
We did the same! Now my wife loves her M Y so we'll be keeping the "Miss M".

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
holy, it’s fking too slow!!! and that factory in TX is built too slow! it’s complicated but not necessarily take this much time. Elon, you got too much things at the same time, please focus more!

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
I'll wait for her for now, ... because I have to. ?

In the mean time however, if another good looking gal comes by, I might marry her instead. Who knows. :love:

But today just to show her that I love her still, I'll raise my bet by upping my order from dual to tri. ?

But by the time this might ever show up, I think they'll have a quad version available.

This late talk about rear wheel steering had me suspecting that the process wasn't that far along as had previously been thought. And also the manufacturing plant didn't really seem like it was coming together in time for all of this to happen. And finally getting all of that stainless seemed like it was going to be a problem. Too much different, takes longer, and adds many problems.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
the problem here is that Rivian is almost ready and GM and Ford will be before Tesla. people in need of a truck and still puzzled about CT's appearance will go for another brand at this point. this is no good news for us Tesla shareholders. As a future CT owner, however, I am ok with any delay that makes CT better.
Well Ford is only making 15,000 of them next year so it's hardly going to be dominating the market. Not sure what Rivian is capable of, but the pricing means it's more or less limited to luxury buyers.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
It's ok to vent, talk it out. It will help. Elon and Tesla have a big picture view on the Mission Statement where their sole goal is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. For Tesla to accomplish this massive undertaking (no one else is taking the lead) it will take time, and Tesla has some of the best engineers on the planet solving some of the most difficult problems and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

It's easy in this day and age to expect instant gratification thanks to Amazon and next-day shipping for pretty much anything that you could ever want to buy. But these problems that Tesla is solving will take time to solve. The CT is NOTHING like any other truck out today, from the materials that are used to the way it's manufactured or the specs it will have. It will take time. If you don't have the time to wait for something amazing as the CT then take your $100 back and I hope you find something now that will meet your needs. But there is no Kool-Aid that we all drank.

In my job, I work as a Technology Service Technician. I solve problems for my clients in their homes from Home Automation programming, Network deployment, and troubleshooting, Security Systems, Lighting Systems to even Access Control systems for some of the wealthiest clientele in Orange County CA. Nearly every day my clients ask the same question "How can you possibly know everything you do and fix these issues?" My reply is the same, What do you do for a living? (Insert their reply, Doctor, Lawyer, CEO, etc..) Well, I have no idea or even pretend to understand what a doctor, lawyer, or CEO does what they do or how they know so much in their field. We just need to trust what the "expert" knows is what is best.

I know Elon and all the other engineers at Tesla know way more about the challenges of building a CT or, Transitioning our world to more sustainable energy consumption or even how our lives will change with AI in the future but I am going to trust the "Experts" on this.

P.S.
I just did the math and now I can afford the Tri-Motor with the extra year of savings!!!

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
Very bummed.

I planned to trade in my current 2019 Ram 1500 on it. Adding 2 more years would drop my trade-in value a bunch. So I just put in reservation for an F150 Lightning. I may even get a hybrid F150 instead. Resale is much better on EVs and hybrids than plain ICE, so when my Cybertruck is finally produced in 2024, if ever, then I can trade in the Lightning or Hybrid.

To be clear, I'd much rather get the CT, as more capable on paper. But the Lightning on the road is worth more than the 2x range vaporware.
I have a Ford reservation also for the same reason!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We bought a Model Y to tide us over and it is A+, just means a lot more miles on the Model Y and a few more miles on the Subaru on shared days.

As with many, the financial side of this works out for me since I've hated the idea of having 2 car payments at the same time.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So I just put in reservation for an F150 Lightning.
With 130,000 reservations in the queue, Ford is planning on making a whooping 15,000 Lightnings next year and about 50,000 in 2023. It's likely you won't see that F150 until well into 2024 or even 2025.

Most likely the Cybertruck will ship first.
Sponsored