Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
When thinking about other choices other than the CT we should keep in mind what was said at the reveal regarding other trucks being “fake tough.” Of course I would rather have the CT sooner but I will gladly wait for it.
Sponsored

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very sad... But at least now we know and can plan accordingly. I can't wait that long, my vehicle is dying. I will either buy a Model Y or 2022 Tundra.

SpadeFire

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Civic EX
Occupation
System/Network Administrator
Country flag
Very sad... But at least now we know and can plan accordingly. I can't wait that long, my vehicle is dying. I will either buy a Model Y or 2022 Tundra.
I just ordered the Model Y Long Range today. I truly think that as Elon has mentioned many times production is hell. I have saved up money to purchase the truck but want to start my EV adventure sooner than the newly expected date for the Cybertruck. Also good things come in time, Elon eluding to HW4 and updated cameras, I think he wants the vehicle he wants and knows that they can wait till all the right pieces are in place. The chip shortage and demand are a big factor but I will trade the Y or trade my wife's vehicle in when Cybertruck does come. Also Teslas in general retain or appreciate in value which I have not seen in other cars. Possibly some trucks due to the current climate of vehicle production as a whole. I'm super excited to see how it all plays out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just ordered the Model Y Long Range today. I truly think that as Elon has mentioned many times production is hell. I have saved up money to purchase the truck but want to start my EV adventure sooner than the newly expected date for the Cybertruck. Also good things come in time, Elon eluding to HW4 and updated cameras, I think he wants the vehicle he wants and knows that they can wait till all the right pieces are in place. The chip shortage and demand are a big factor but I will trade the Y or trade my wife's vehicle in when Cybertruck does come. Also Teslas in general retain or appreciate in value which I have not seen in other cars. Possibly some trucks due to the current climate of vehicle production as a whole. I'm super excited to see how it all plays out.
Bought my Model Y in February with the same thought... you aren't going to want to sell it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am getting older, and random highway shootings, increased burglaries, vehicular vandalism, etc. bother me more now.
You do know that overall crime is much, much less than it was 50 years ago, right? And we count far, far more things as crime than we did a hundred years ago.

The world is far safer, less dangerous, with less war, death, and injury than before. As long as we don't ya know, destroy the environment we need to live that supplies us food, oxygen, and water.

-Crissa

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I don’t mind, I’m enjoying my Raptor but this gives me time to possibly get a TRX before my CT is ready. Only thing that I am worried about is if the TRX will hold value like my Raptor. Either way I don’t mind waiting until 2023 to get my CT

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Coincidence?

"First, let’s consider the 3nm delay. TSMC trimmed back its 20-nanometer node and had some issues getting its 16-nanometer FinFET process out the door in 2013 and its refined 14-nanometer/12-nanometer variants, which came out less than two years later. TSMC has been pretty steady with 7nm, which ramped in the second quarter of 2018, and with 5nm, which ramped in the second quarter of 2020. Given this, one would expect the next bump at 3nm in the second quarter of 2022. But it has been pushed out into the second half of 2022 — a delay of about three to four months … so far."

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
Bummer for sure but yeah gives me more time to get set and save $$
This vehicle will last a lifetime I’m pretty confident

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
the problem here is that Rivian is almost ready and GM and Ford will be before Tesla. people in need of a truck and still puzzled about CT's appearance will go for another brand at this point. this is no good news for us Tesla shareholders. As a future CT owner, however, I am ok with any delay that makes CT better.
Rivian has an estimated 30k reservations and Ford can't make many due to battery constraints.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Lost sales to other EV brands might not matter much if Tesla can't keep up with demand, and if they really want people to transition to EVs like Elon Musk has said.
what other brands? the rivian isn't a work truck and the E150 will be made in low numbers...... at some point as they also don't really have a solid date.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It’s a shame this as happened because CT basically Put electric trucks into peoples minds now all the other brands Have copied but unfortunately they’re going to get theirs to market quicker then Tesla because there been around way longer than Tesla. There not as good as Tesla but there way better getter The vehicles to market. Everything Tesla does gets copied,
There going to lose loads of sales because people don’t want to wait.
I’m not one of them people I’m going to wait. I’m in Uk so probably 2030 delivery.
Lose sales to whom? Ford can barely make any, the Rivian isn't a work truck and the other legacy builders have only CGI versions.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am in the same position you are in. I took my CT money and purchased a Model Y. My wife has named it "The Fun Car". Guess who is going to be the primary driver of the CT after the Model Y is traded in? Fortunately for me, I actually like driving her Nissan Leaf.
Our plan was always to get a Model Y and then when the CT comes my wife would get the Model Y and trade in her Model 3 toward my CT. In the meantime she drives the Model 3 and I drive the Model Y. The only problem is that now I want to wait until the GigaAustin Model Ys start rolling off the line (because of the front casting and maybe better/more awesome paint).