HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
EVs are viable because they make sense. They don't need another faux world crisis.

1631544624952.png

1631544639901.png

1631544658531.png

The data clearly establishes that there has always been a cycle to CO2 long before man’s industrial age. This is data government wants to hide. As along as they can pretend CO2 has never risen in the past before 1950, then they can tax the air and pretend it’s to prevent climate change. Moreover, while we can clean the air with regulation as we have done, under global warming, they allow “credits” to pollute as long as you pay the government. It is the ultimate scam where they get to tax pollution and people cheer rather than clean up anything.
No, this is a false narrative. We really do have a climate crisis on our hands no matter how hard oil companies try to push the fairy tale that it's all a hoax or we don't know what is causing the warming. We know - it's globally unprecedented burning of fossil fuels (your carbon dioxide chart is misleading). Here's the actual chart:

Tesla Cybertruck Update from Elon: Cybertruck production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023 1631546184751

The coming ice age predicted in the 1970's? That idea was similar to a false flag attack in that the oil companies wanted to sow confusion on the topic. So they came out with a scary story about the coming ice age. Brilliant (if despicable) strategy that actually worked to a certain degree, at least to those in the lower half of the IQ scale.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The autoworkers in the US make 8-10 times as much as their Mexican counterparts. Tesla autoworkers have more valuable compensation packages than union autoworkers in the US. So, US wages did not "force" companies like Ford to build the Mach-e in Mexico, incompetence did. Ford and GM have become so incompetent, so inefficient, that they felt they needed to look south of the border to boost profits.

Tesla can treat their employees well because they respect the value of their workers by keeping overhead to a minimum. They don't devalue their employees time by having layer upon layer of management overhead. This means they don't have to go looking for cheap labor across the border.
True.....but that only works when you design and build cars efficiently.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
There is a conflict between trying to please UAW and pushing EVs. The conversion from ICE to BEVs will result in some job loss and many of those jobs will be union jobs.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You forgot stock options. Every Tesla worker is awarded employee stock options. If the company thrives, employees thrive. It aligns the goals of the workers with the company.

There are already multi-millionaire janitors and line-workers at Tesla.

Last edited:

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
EVs are viable because they make sense. They don't need another faux world crisis.

1631544624952.png

...[snipped]

The ACTUAL, ORIGINAL Time magazine cover was from April 2007

Tesla Cybertruck Update from Elon: Cybertruck production starting late 2022 and volume production in 2023 1631550361036

Everything else about your snipped stuff is equally subject but I don't have the time nor desire to show how wrong you are.

To sum up: Facts not fiction or fud.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The autoworkers in the US make 8-10 times as much as their Mexican counterparts. Tesla autoworkers have more valuable compensation packages than union autoworkers in the US. So, US wages did not "force" companies like Ford to build the Mach-e in Mexico, incompetence did. Ford and GM have become so incompetent, so inefficient, that they felt they needed to look south of the border to boost profits.

Tesla can treat their employees well because they respect the value of their workers by keeping overhead to a minimum. They don't devalue their employees time by having layer upon layer of management overhead. This means they don't have to go looking for cheap labor across the border.
True.....but that only works when you design and build cars efficiently.
And which group whose individuals get paid tens of millions or hundred of millions to be in charge (hire, direct,incentivize, set goals, or fire) of the people design and build efficiency?

Management !

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

1631544624952.png

----------------

image on the left is a HOAX - Doctored image !!

The year is wrong (not 1977 but really 2007) and
the text under the penguin is fake ( it is NOT about ICE Age but is about global warming. similar to 2006 cover).

----------------------------------------------------

TIME Magazine says,
S
orry, a TIME Magazine Cover Did Not Predict a Coming Ice Age

By Bryan Walsh
Updated: September 9, 2019 | Originally published: June 6, 2013
https://time.com/5670942/time-magazine-ice-age-cover-hoax/

PolitiFact
The Poynter Institute

No, a Time magazine cover didn’t tell readers “how to survive the coming Ice Age”
By Ciara O'Rourke May 23, 2019
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...e-magazine-cover-didnt-tell-readers-how-surv/

Go to the link below for all the Time Magazine covers for 1977

https://time.com/vault/year/1977/

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Link

Time Magazine - April 9, 2007 | Vol. 169 No. 15
https://content.time.com/time/magazine/0,9263,7601070409,00.html

I wonder what @LDRHAWKE has to say for himself? It's got to be embarrassing beyond blushing to have been spreading such obviously doctored images as fact. I mean, it's bad enough when people get fooled by such transparent misinformation but to get fooled so completely that you think it's a good idea to pass it around in a place like this is just beyond my comprehension.

It makes me think someone like this will respond excitedly to those e-mails about the $60 million estate in Nigeria they just inherited. Confidentiality and discretion is of the utmost importance. Please respond with the credentials of your bank account so we can deposit your money, LOL!

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I wonder what @LDRHAWKE has to say for himself? It's got to be embarrassing beyond blushing to have been spreading such obviously doctored images as fact. I mean, it's bad enough when people get fooled by such transparent misinformation but to get fooled so completely that you think it's a good idea to pass it around in a place like this is just beyond my comprehension.

It makes me think someone like this will respond excitedly to those e-mails about the $60 million estate in Nigeria they just inherited. Confidentiality and discretion is of the utmost importance. Please respond with the credentials of your bank account so we can deposit your money, LOL!
Your argument about climate is simply over whelming! I give up!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your argument about climate is simply over whelming! I give up!
It hard for me to believe you don't want to explain yourself fully. Like what (if anything) was going through your mind when you posted that. Or do you have a conscience and, if so, does it function normally?

I feel we deserve an explanation.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It hard for me to believe you don't want to explain yourself fully. Like what (if anything) was going through your mind when you posted that. Or do you have a conscience and, if so, does it function normally?

I feel we deserve an explanation.
Did you even bother to read what I said… Rosana Rosana Dana; before tossing out you childish insults.

“EVs are viable because they make sense. They don't need another faux world crisis.” Webster definition…..not genuine, fake, false.

NEVER MIND.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you even bother to read what I said… Rosana Rosana Dana; before tossing out you childish insults.

“EVs are viable because they make sense. They don't need another faux world crisis.” Webster definition…..not genuine, fake, false.

NEVER MIND.
Apologies if I misunderstood but I understood the fake world crisis to refer to man-made global warming. What fake world crisis were you referring to?

I'm sure you can understand my confusion since you posted a bunch of climate denial misinformation and also wrote this:

The data clearly establishes that there has always been a cycle to CO2 long before man’s industrial age. This is data government wants to hide. As along as they can pretend CO2 has never risen in the past before 1950, then they can tax the air and pretend it’s to prevent climate change. Moreover, while we can clean the air with regulation as we have done, under global warming, they allow “credits” to pollute as long as you pay the government. It is the ultimate scam where they get to tax pollution and people cheer rather than clean up anything.
I think the evidence clearly shows anthropogenic CO2 has warmed the climate well beyond what it would be without the greenhouse gas contributions from civilization and that "climate runaway" is a distinct threat to humanity that could likely be at least partially mitigated by slowing additional greenhouse gas emissions.

Was I wrong to think you were using fake info to discredit this commonly accepted analysis?

soonerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Drives me crazy when people keep saying it's delayed "Again".

It was originally due out the end of this year. They quietly changed the production start date until "2022". It was never "Q1 2022" or "1st Half 2022", it was just 2022. The date hasn't been moved a dozen times or even twice, it's been changed once. They just left it up to speculation when it was going to hit.

If this is true, it's not exactly surprising. Since they changed the date they've dropped a few hints that it will be towards the end of the year. I'm definitely bummed but not surprised. When they changed the date to the very vague "2022" I'd already braced myself for this.

Maybe if they've finally settled on a date that means they know what they need to do to work around the issues around the 4680?

Hopefully this means they've given themselves ample time to get everything in the production means optimized, I would rather they get it right than rush the product.
Sponsored