Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The roof of the Cybertruck is likely lower than the Tacoma roof because it slopes down and the rear passengers sit lower relative to the bed than in the Tacoma.

This is a very specific issue to worry overmuch about on a truck which is months from delivery.
The window overhang will probably fit snug between the wheel and the fender! Like a glove. ;)

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The window overhang will probably fit snug between the wheel and the fender! Like a glove. ;)
Maybe.

Or you might be able to park a couple of 2x4s under the front tire and make it work without too much trouble.

Maybe when trucks start rolling out you can ask someone for a test fit before you buy yours. Can’t speak for others, but I would have no trouble with it. At the very least I’ll take a tape measure and give you an idea of where things stand.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Also a very big concern of mine as makes truck worthless if cant hold at least 2 dirt bikes - as every single production truck before it has been able to do, without exception! This is a GMC2500 with 6.5' bed!
Here's my problem with short beds with overhangs:
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] PXL_20210401_181925315

Gotta throw something in front of the front tire (like the spare tire) to move the fender away from the overhang. Which then prevents you from closing the tailgate.

Hoping the CT can remove the need for this fold up ramp with tailgate down:
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] PXL_20210401_181917225

with the tailgate embedded ramp and a 6.5' bed can solve this problem:
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] PXL_20210329_233000307

Also hoping with the subtraction of the fold up ramp, I can turn this:

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] IMG_20210826_223422_301

Into the CT version of this:

1639520439104.jpeg

:p

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Could the 12" extension on the rear roof and it's lack of transparency indicate a possible 3 panel tonneau that conceals in the ceiling?
It would make the mid-gate easier.
Panels would need to be 21-22" wide and incredibly thin, but it looks like they could fit behind the point where the roof becomes too narrow.
How to hook them together for deployment???

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 3 tonneau side

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 3 tonneau side
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CT New Triple Tonneau to
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CT New Triple Tonneau to

Last edited:

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Or a single sprocket in the ceiling with the tonneau stored in 2 layers.
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CT 2 layer cieling roller

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe.

Or you might be able to park a couple of 2x4s under the front tire and make it work without too much trouble.

Maybe when trucks start rolling out you can ask someone for a test fit before you buy yours. Can’t speak for others, but I would have no trouble with it. At the very least I’ll take a tape measure and give you an idea of where things stand.
I was actually suggesting that his bikes might fit without issues cause it looks like his fender is over the overhang and his tire is below it. I bet he can also easily remove his plastic fenders. My front fenders only come off by removing the whole front fork from frame. Not a quick easy job done just to transport.

Mine would fit better with the current straight front bed wall seen this week as it would only need a 2x4 between the tire and the wall instead of before where it would need some serious spacing to counteract the angled front wall. But the question is still bed length with gate closed. I'm sure we will find that out before anyone takes delivery.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, you seem impolite.

Like didn't I already explain why offroad fenders are up instead of down?

-Crissa
My apologies Crissa. That was not my intention. I know typing on a forum versus talking in real life...things can be taken the wrong way or read the wrong way. Hopefully no offense.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.

• Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
Also, the tailgate has changed. It doesn't have the angular design where it mates with the bed, as seen from above. Not nearly as cool.

ElMu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Employ
Country flag
Update: Elon Musk has since confirmed that this is not a production windshield wiper

A couple quick thoughts.
  • Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
  • Added: Charge port door flap looks like it's moved into the fender flare

1639157496497.jpeg

cybertruck-wipers.jpg

cybertruck-top.jpg

cybertruck-mirrors.jpg

cybertruck-front.jpg

screen-shot-2021-12-10-at-10-02-02-am-png.png

1639157514962.png

FGQwzubXsAYdL6r.png

1639158906288.jpeg
I was thinking of a solution like the " air blade " of Dyson

https://www.dyson.com/hand-dryers/dyson-airblade-db-overview

to apply on the top of the glass, to remove the rain. It would be possible?

JURZYDVL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Escalade, Jaguar
Occupation
Counselor
Country flag
That is a good thing...looks like a 50 caliber anti-aircraft gun.

TokyoBear

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Nissan e-NV200 and Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Good golly, Elon Musk's avatar is disgusting. He and Bezos must really be insecure about their manhood. ?

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Seems to me the vast majority of trucks end up with some kind of bed liner regardless. Why not just start with the composite material and not waste time with the metal surface?

It’s no big deal either way.
John Deere did this with the Gator. They switched to composite beds to save time and money.

This seems logical, especially when you disregard that composites warp over time and are affected by UV light. 15 years later those John Deere Gators have beds that are cracking. Guess what, you can't buy a new bed now. Discontinued.

No thanks to a composite Vault body. I plan on driving my CT to my grave. I want a solid 30 years outta mine.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
John Deere did this with the Gator. They switched to composite beds to save time and money.

This seems logical, especially when you disregard that composites warp over time and are affected by UV light. 15 years later those John Deere Gators have beds that are cracking. Guess what, you can't buy a new bed now. Discontinued.

No thanks to a composite Vault body. I plan on driving my CT to my grave. I want a solid 30 years outta mine.
BET Tesla can come up with something better. Other companies are already using composite beds.. Honda and GM for sure. I think part of Deere's problem was the Dyed composite offered zero UV protection. Versus a painted and lined bed. Don't get me wrong I would much rather have SS.. but if the Composite bed is stronger with less weight.. game on.
Sponsored