Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I think the vandalism exists against other vehicles too, there just isnt an easy way to record it (also note, i would say tesla users are more tech savvy than your typical auto owner). so youre just seeing more vandalism now, though im sure there is an uptick against tesla's vs ICE, i dont think its a huge uptick.

As far as preventative? I will continue to part away from all other vehicles. Lazy people wont make the effort to go out of their way, and if they do, there's a better chance to catch a license plate if there is nothing else around you.
Sponsored

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Not where I live, and it'll buff right out.

Pic unrelated:

Tesla Cybertruck Vandalism concerns HYPERTEK

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You don't see videos of corollas being vandalized nor porch pirates in the trailer parks... neither has security cameras are worth breaking the law.
(Wife drives a corolla, actually exactly what is needed, but not a cyber.)

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
When I go to Charlotte, NC I drive a Hootie car.
Tesla Cybertruck Vandalism concerns Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 2.43.06 PM

A decrepit car is a car that is often old and damaged and is in a barely functional state. Numerous slang terms are used to describe such cars, which vary by country and region, including beater, jalopy and banger.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
None of the Tesla owners I personally know have ever had one vandalized. I think it’s more a case of random jerks. ICE cars get vandalized too.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think it is a case of "Good Video" for the "news". And more and more assholes are becoming aware that Teslas have a security camera or two.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Vandalism concerns 568D7B0A-8767-416D-AF91-1D974173CDFD

My anti vandal plan is: Give them what they came to see - when I park my CT it will be oriented north to collect solar and likely away from other cars . Before exiting I will stand up an inflatable Roswell seat occupant (compressor if he goes limp) and turn on a plasma ball on the console or dash board. Hopefully they will laugh and be entertained and leave without leaving their mark.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My 2000 TDI was shot at and hit on the driver's side rear door with a .22 rifle while I was driving on route 84 in NE Conn in the mid 2000s. Missed my left hip by 18".

Idiots will be idiots, nothing any one of us can do about it. Its just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Well at least when driving your CT you won't have to worry about .22 bullets anymore!

But seriously, vandalism has crossed my mind as well. My advice:

1) park in a garage at night
2) get vandalism insurance
3) don't shop at Walmart

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I had some issues when I bought my first military vehicle, an M35 2 1/2 ton "Deuce and a half". My biggest detractors were the Prius driver types that did not understand that my multi-fuel engine was greener than their hybrid. I burned veggie oil part of the time. Most of the time after letting them climb in and around it they changed their minds especially if they smelled french fries coming from the exhaust. A little education goes a long way or as they say "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". And for the record I still own a 5 ton military truck and a Pierce firetruck with a V-6 Detroit diesel. I can't wait to get my Cybertruck. Living out in the country near a small town also helps because we don't have the percentage of kooks out here and the ones we do have tend to be respectful since concealed carry is lawful here.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
And in a small town everyone knows everyone and their business. You cannot get away with anything in a small town.
Sponsored