cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Definitely looks like they've had to beef up the structure in that area. These two photos show it quite well, even more noticeable is how much wider the main A-pillar is on the Beta compared to the Alpha.

Tesla-Cybertruck-3-1-of-1.jpg

cybertruck-meet-2.jpg
great compare
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Excellent points. I didn't recall seeing that picture. I see where I was incorrect on this. Great graphics as usual that drive the point home. Thanks.

I forgot about this picture as well.
OyEcDAK.jpg
Many people wore the plastic PPE face shield during early COVID 19, but this 'screen' is RIDICULOUS (!)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Based on my high-tech measuring technique it looks like the turning radius (from center of vehicle) is about 3.5 cybertrucks which comes to about 24 feet. Same as the Lightning. A bit disappointing given the added cost/complexity of rear wheel steer. I hope it wasn't enabled during this video. Turning radius is one of the key features I am looking at for my purchase decision.
1692232274186.png
One of your key deal breakers is turning radius? So you must not really need a truck.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
yes great reminder with this photo, and since we're on the topic a few interesting inferences from it:

that window is from the earlier beta, which in the lower 1/2 they for a while minimized the black side trim pieces - note the little cut-ins

two points about those cut-ins:

first, i think they begin mid-windshield as such because functionally that's really where driver visibility is relevant

second, i think those cut-ins were there to try and address the forward visibility constraints of the two A-pillars, etc.

but i've seen pieces of intel that combined suggest that for a period there was structural instability of some sort at the juncture of the chassis and the bolt-in triangle window area, with that bolt-in later beefed up to help address

that's why now the side black areas on the windshield are a Stright line down - there's more truck behind the glass in those areas

when the CT hits the streets in retail hands, there is going to be a LOT of chatter about both rearward and front corner visibility
The visibility is going to be rough compared to the competition for sure. 4 areas the triangular design of the CT design went backwards on are frunk room, visibility, rear seat headroom and access to the vault (you cant reach the front of the vault very easily). The initial intent of the design was to maximize the exoskeleton and unibody design to reduce the vehicle weight. The CT better be significantly better in miles per pound.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
nah, long story short, Austin's energy company makes battery systems effectively useless (if only economically)

just kidding around that basically you're describing a mini home solar system and bespoke charger

trouble is the mini inverters, etc., needed somewhere in that mix
I foresee the near future an AI driven energy management switch that all your electrical plugs into. utility power, solar, home battery, vehicle, emergency, house. And it just makes optimal routing of electricity at the correct power based on typical usage and current demands. The social demand is there and the environmental savings would be huge.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Those are called suicide cords.
Not necessarily.

The cables that EVSE are non-directional. They don't care - and don't expose voltage to - the pins when not secured and the logic passed.

There's even a CCS mode to request AC power, although I don't know of anyone who has implemented it. It would be trivial for Tesla to do so using NACS.

-Crissa
Sponsored