Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Elon makes a great comic book villain for the protest movement - but he's just an example. There's no mobs looking to move on his factories.

His support for UBI, unemployment extensions, social work - even if he butts up against the unions - does give him some cred.

It's mostly for show, anyhow. The FUDsters and Shorts were constantly trying to gin stuff up against him, but they so far have found a receptive audience but none of their challenges have found any fertile ground.

Hopefully Tesla makes sure to play it safe and clean with their contractors even as they move quickly. There are many unscrupulous ones out there and you have to watch them like a hawk lest they give you a black eye.

-Crissa

PS, for instance, making the incentives recoupable is something nearly no other big project does. Tesla and Austin locals should get some credit for coming to what's a deal that loses neither of them revenue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was able to get some decent drone footage of the site this evening of the site excavation. It looks as if they are already moving extremely fast for just 1 week of work (Elon mentioned on Wednesday during the earnings call that they actually began construction over the weekend). A few things of note:
  • This turned into a totally unplanned thing and I literally spent all night actually putting together footage into a somewhat presentable video, created a logo, and a youtube site quickly (mainly so it would be faster for future videos). I worked on it until I fell asleep in my chair a little after 5am and after getting 5hrs or so of sleep, I finished it up and it's now up at the link at the bottom of this post.
  • I can now see why Elon called this an 'ecological paradise' as you can see extreme care is being taken even during excavation to leave a lot of the existing trees and foliage and these for sure will be implemented into the design of the entire facility.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there were several main buildings given the unique layout of the land and as you can see, many different trails that the equipment has already created, obviously for specific reasons.
  • Lastly, this is actually a pretty difficult area to get drone footage due to the major power transmission lines running directly through the middle of the site on one side, and Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA), just a few minutes down the highway on the opposite side of the factory. These 2 issues cause intermittent interference, tons of air restriction warnings, and geofencing where DJI software used to control the drone won't allow it to proceed and automatically reroutes the drone whenever it gets about halfway to the southernmost end of the site (the end where the near highway traffic is approaching from/towards the airport).
  • Lastly, I just want to get this first set out quickly and I'll be working on a side project for a more professional presentation for future pictures and videos. Hope everyone enjoys as this place is going to be amazing!

My 2nd video just went live with new footage and updates. This one is much better now that I've had a couple of days to figure out how everything works! Let me know what you all think as I'm open to feedback as always.

Terafactory Texas Update #2

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
My 2nd video just went live with new footage and updates. This one is much better now that I've had a couple of days to figure out how everything works! Let me know what you all think as I'm open to feedback as always.

Five Comments:

-A pleasure to see Americans doing something right!

-Every so often, this computer site that we're on should give an award for the best contribution to it.

-Glad to see the dust abatement (wouldn't want any sand to get into my Cybertruck).

-Wonder where the terafactory employees will live.

-If you could ascend your drone a bit, and aim it at a major section from exactly the same spot every week or so (if that's possible), maybe you could stitch those shots together for a time-lapse depiction of the factory growing up.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
lnvestors are buying up property in this area right now. We should see surrounding property values shoot up 15-20% with housing demand right around the corner.

I am curious if earth moving equipment is running 7 days a week.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Much improvement from your first video!

I'm wondering how much of the Tesla property is north of Harold Green Rd.? Would like to see an outline of the property.

If the property does go north of HG Rd they will probably take out a portion of road that heads east into the property.

Your videos will be(are) seen worldwide and gain a lot of attention.

I'm actually kinda jealous. You may get to meet Elon Musk in person someday!;)

Heck, your videos may even be showcased in the visitors area of the factory!

Good luck!

Last edited:

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
lnvestors are buying up property in this area right now. We should see surrounding property values shoot up 15-20% with housing demand right around the corner.

I am curious if earth moving equipment is running 7 days a week.
I'm pretty sure that they are working 7 days a week. That's usually the case whenever the University of Texas has a major athletics construction project going on.

I actually saw a sign on my way out from the site for new housing that'll be just to the north east of the site that said starting prices are $200k. I have a feeling they'll rise considerably.

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I'm wondering how much of the Tesla property is north o Harold Green Rd.? Would like to see an outline of the property.

If the property does go north of HG Rd they will probably take out a portion of road that heads east into the property.

Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words! I've been working like crazy figuring this stuff out but am learning a ton! To answer your question about the HG Rd and if Tesla has property there, it does and I am working on another video to showcase this. I'm telling you, this place is GIGANTIC!

I literally moved to 4 different areas around the site to get footage and still couldn't get it all in 1 outing with 3 batteries! Stay tuned for future videos going more in-depth on these areas that aren't getting much attention yet!

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
That is wayyy bigger then i realized!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I can’t wait to see an artists rendering of what the finished TX factory and grounds will look like. Elon promised that it will be stunning;

“It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla. So if anyone’s interested in working at Giga Texas with engineering, production, whatever the case may be, please let us know.“

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I can’t wait to see an artists rendering of what the finished TX factory and grounds will look like. Elon promised that it will be stunning;

“It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla. So if anyone’s interested in working at Giga Texas with engineering, production, whatever the case may be, please let us know.“
I would love to be the guy to render it $$$$!!

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
I’d bet Tesla has owned this property before the CT unveiling . That doesn’t happen in a month. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been working on this for a year.
at least

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag

I'm wondering how much of the Tesla property is north of Harold Green Rd.? Would like to see an outline of the property.

Good luck!
I would say that BoomTroopers work is not just for us on this forum any more.... Looks like our friend Randy is going a little more main stream.

Congratulations

https://www.benzinga.com/tech/20/07...-gigafactory-texas-already-under-construction
Sponsored