alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Anybody guess how much this all costs Tesla? I once figured about 5 mill -- now it looks closer to 50 times that! (Anyway, they sure are going to a lot of trouble just to build my Cybertruck!)
Sponsored

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would like a flyover of the employee parking areas ( I think there are 2). That would enable us to get an idea of the number of workers at a given time. Those of us who are more familiar with big construction projects might be able to make educated guesses at a bunch of things.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Anybody guess how much this all costs Tesla? I once figured about 5 mill -- now it looks closer to 50 times that! (Anyway, they sure are going to a lot of trouble just to build my Cybertruck!)
Didn't they say $5B at some point?

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
"... last thing anyone would want to see is an employee working there falling off the roof ...."

Your point certainly stands -- but where there are no railings, the workers are tethered by rope.
You made me feel better already. Thanks.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
It’s a $1.2 billion dollar project that is expected to employ 5k people.

Elon said “more excitement about the Cybertruck than any product we have ever unveiled.”

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Has there been a Tera Factory design drawing released showing what this is all supposed to look like when finished?
Not yet and the consensus is that there have been significant changes since the site plans were released. Can't wait for the designs to be released into the wild though!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not yet and the consensus is that there have been significant changes since the site plans were released. Can't wait for the designs to be released into the wild though!
Yeah, but the outer walls and roof panels are in the same places. So from the outside it'll probably still look like that giant diamond rendering ^-^

-Crissa

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tuesday afternoon's video is now available. As a side note, it rained overnight today and the forecast calls for rain pretty much all day so we'll see how it's looking this evening. Hopefully there's a break and I can go out and film after work!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
From video glimpses, long term this site’s water table is highly variable. The answer I would want to hear is that soils saturation has been calc’d into the engineered fill AND included in the structural design for subsidence potentials downstream.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey Randy, Is it possible to get a close up view of the structures from eye level? Just to get a real world idea of the scale of this massive structure. From up above everything looks like lego bricks, I'm sure it must feel different from where a person would be standing on ground and looking over. Thanks.