swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
It's got the original wheel covers still. I hope this cover design makes it to final production since I've already purchased matching ones for my MY :D

20230408_093346.jpg
Curious: Have you noticed any difference in the range efficiency with the MY CT-like covers vs the originals?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY LR, R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Curious: Have you noticed any difference in the range efficiency with the MY CT-like covers vs the originals?
No difference in range as far as I can tell. The CT wheel covers offer 100% coverage, unlike the factory ones that leaves the outer rim edge expose. to possible curb rash.

KMB7HOME

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
looks like it's a tight fit in that small trailer. Hopefully it fits in my garage without any issues. Great to see progress!
Why are so many people worried about it fitting into a single car garage? It should be a work truck for the working construction professional. Maybe a mid sized cyber truck like Chevy Colorado, Ford Ranger or a smaller truck for the European market for people who have to park when shopping at malls, underground parking at their apartment or drive on European streets. Go big or go home. What if garages were made for compact cars...

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why are so many people worried about it fitting into a single car garage? It should be a work truck for the working construction professional. Maybe a mid sized cyber truck like Chevy Colorado, Ford Ranger or a smaller truck for the European market for people who have to park when shopping at malls, underground parking at their apartment or drive on European streets. Go big or go home. What if garages were made for compact cars...
I charge my MY every night in a garage. If the CT can't fit in a garage then the convenience of only needing to fill up on a road trip goes out the door.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I charge my MY every night in a garage. If the CT can't fit in a garage then the convenience of only needing to fill up on a road trip goes out the door.
Along with your vehicle apparently.

Wait... How are you going to fit your CT into the garage if your MY is in there charging? The CT is powerful but probably too big to fit on top of your MY without hitting the ceiling.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Credit to SE Robinson JR

Why do the stills of these videos look like they are going to try lifting the CT into the truck by hand?

KMB7HOME

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
So you have a model Y, easy to move charging to outside. Why do we all need a smaller truck?

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Along with your vehicle apparently.

Wait... How are you going to fit your CT into the garage if your MY is in there charging? The CT is powerful but probably too big to fit on top of your MY without hitting the ceiling.
The CT will likely not fit on the MY... Though the MY may fit on the CT. The ceiling might be tall enough for both.

Realistically though, I have a two car garage so they would fit side by side.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So you have a model Y, easy to move charging to outside. Why do we all need a smaller truck?
I don't want it to be smaller. But someone said a work truck is meant to be parked outside and if you park it outside then how are you going to charge every night? It can be done, I've done it from Airbnb houses with an extension cord, but it's not an every day thing you'd want to do
Sponsored