VIN Assigned Model Y Order. It's not Austin. What do I do?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my Model Y today. Its great. No dual pane windows in the back and no matrix lights but a very nice car. They told me that they have no idea when Austin vehicles will become available. Good luck.
yea, right now all we see are black and blue....I want white or red with white interior
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Troy Teslike suggested West Coast buyers won’t get any from Austin this year. If true, that harpoons my chances of getting one and the possibility of selling mine to upgrade.

I hadn’t realized buying my Model Y a year ago was an inflation hedge. When the Cybertruck goes on sale, I might just end up selling the Y to buy whatever comes on sale first. Never in my life did I expect to be able to buy a car new, use it for 2 years, and sell it for more than I bought it, but it sure seems like that is possible.
with that thought, what do you think I could sell my 2020 Model S, white / white, <16k miles, FSD with premium package and transferrable lifetime supercharging

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Oh man. I have no clue, but I suspect a pretty penny. Seems like in this market of stupid high gas prices selling a car with “Never pay a dime for gas or power” would command a major premium.

That’s an Uber driver’s dream car.

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
my brother -n law has a lease that was extended until mid to end of June....He said the sales person has told him that they would structure his lease so that he new car (MY) comes from Texas....we'll see how that one works
Yeah, keen to hear!

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Hey All,

My VIN was just assigned, it's a Fremont build. I want to try to get an Austin build if I can, I don't need the Y in a rush. If I ordered an entirely new Performance Model Y right now it's delivery date is April and I could easily wait until June or July, so I'm not losing much by letting go of this VIN

I haven't filled out all of my identification, registration and insurance info yet. I also have not filled out the financing section. I'm also prepared to lose the $250 fee if necessary, I'm willing to gamble on that once.
  • Should I just leave it blank and ignore it for now?
  • Should I contact Tesla and request to defer delivery of this VIN?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and ideas!
Elon said east states will get Austin model y. So Texas. On up. And the to the west will only get Fremont. Maybe you can have a buddie or someone in the east states order one and you guys work it out

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Elon said east states will get Austin model y. So Texas. On up. And the to the west will only get Fremont. Maybe you can have a buddie or someone in the east states order one and you guys work it out
Honestly, I'm almost at the point of resuming my order and getting a Fremont Y (most likely). From what I can tell, there are no Performance models out of Austin yet anyway. Last rumors I saw were it's going to be a 279 mile range variant, although that was unconfirmed. Maybe today's event will shed some light on what will happen.
Sponsored

Last edited: