Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Blue Steel Quote:
All of the quoted range figures for the CT have a + on the end. So we have no idea what the range will be right now. Some smart folks around here are expecting something like 625/350/300.

Wouldn’t that be awesome especially for the price!
Sponsored

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Here's the summary slide for total benefits of vertical integration (increase the range by 54%, reduce the cost per KWH by 56 percent and reducing investment cost per GWH by 69%)...

Total benefits.gif
Extrapolating that out..... for the same Model 3 I drive today, I could have same range with:

1) half the battery size
2) at half the cost of that smaller battery size

1/4 current costs? (for the battery)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
im guessing a small hatchback. and I would think the 25k is without the full self driving
That's what I would think also, but here's the video. And Elon says Fully Autonomous around 2:37:37
Edit: Oops I forgot to add the video.

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
That's what I would think also, but here's the video. And Elon says Fully Autonomous around 2:37:37
Well i guess with that cheap of a price, adding another $200 a month for the fsd as a subscription service would be doable. And not technically part of the cars cost.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I wouldn't expect a massive range increase for the CT. They didn't develop this tech yesterday. It was planned all along for the CT, and that's how they achieve the 500+ mile range at the price quoted, which is phenomenal.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn't expect a massive range increase for the CT. They didn't develop this tech yesterday. It was planned all along for the CT, and that's how they achieve the 500+ mile range at the price quoted, which is phenomenal.
Agreed, reluctantly ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...let me reiterate, no chance of the Cybertruck being homologated and being sold in the general market where you are. ...
He did not say that. He said 'countries where big trucks are not'. He did not say they wouldn't try in countries it's simpler to homologate trucks to. Even in the EU, car rules vary from country to country and even city to city. If you can buy an American full or mid-sized truck now, you probably will get the full-sized Cybertruck. If you can't buy an American truck, you won't. Which is kinda a no-duh.

-Crissa

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
" Tight Wolverine Cybertruck " !

Can anybody here get a message to Elon !

Hey Elon, please provide further details of the world market,
" Tight Wolverine Cybertruck " you intrigued us with today.

Since you have already confirmed the full size Cybertruck we’ve put a deposit down for is NOT able to meet O.S. regulations and is not coming, and once again today confirmed "its impossible ".

It would really be nice to know some details about it, including when it will be produced and any other details . . . . dimensions perhaps ?

We're just left hanging here champ . . . . . . perhaps even quivering in AN . . . . . . . . . . TICIPATION ;)

P.S. You're not going to leave the reveal of the Wolverine Cybertruck till after the Hummer EV is revealed on the 20th of October, are you !

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I was listening not watching most of it, Did they say anything about cycle life? therefore confirming the million mile battery?

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was listening not watching most of it, Did they say anything about cycle life? therefore confirming the million mile battery?
They did not

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
" Tight Wolverine Cybertruck " !

Can anybody here get a message to Elon !

Hey Elon, please provide further details of the world market,
" Tight Wolverine Cybertruck " you intrigued us with today.

Since you have already confirmed the full size Cybertruck we’ve put a deposit down for is NOT able to meet O.S. regulations and is not coming, and once again today confirmed "its impossible ".

It would really be nice to know some details about it, including when it will be produced and any other details . . . . dimensions perhaps ?

We're just left hanging here champ . . . . . . perhaps even quivering in AN . . . . . . . . . . TICIPATION ;)

P.S. You're not going to leave the reveal of the Wolverine Cybertruck till after the Hummer EV is revealed on the 20th of October, are you !
I think that was a slip-up by Elon. Some project their working on I'm thinking.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I think that was a slip-up by Elon. Some project their working on I'm thinking.
Your comprehension needs serious help, or more likely you have some peculiar prejudice to the smaller Cybertruck that’s in the works, and now Elon’s given a definitive cool name to it. :cool:

Here’s what ELON said specifically. From 2.44 - 2.46 of the presentation at Battery Day 22/9/2020 (Q&A)

Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,

Cos if you try to design a car to meet the Global spec . . . the super set of global requirements, it basically . . .

YOU CANT MAKE THE CYBERTRUCK, ITS IMPOSSIBLE . So it really is designed for the American market. . .

And then I think for . . . we’ll probably make an international version of Cybertruck, kind of smaller,

like a tighter Wolverine Package.

It’ll still be cooler, but it’ll be smaller cos you just can’t make a giant truck like that for most markets, so yep its gonna be great. "
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: TAG