Waymo can't touch this - Non hi-res pre-mapped, FSD Beta 10.5, Over an Hour of Zero Disengagement Driving

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Wow, city/residental streets (NO highway), lots of unprotected left/right turns, traffic, parked cars on street, cyclists, and more.

Done without
1. Hi-res pre-mapping
2. Radar
3. Lidar

Over an Hour of Zero Disengagement Driving on FSD Beta 10.5
FSD Beta 10.5 performs five zero disengagement drives back to back. Over an hour of raw footage here so you can watch all the details for yourself
Nov 22, 2021
Whole Mars Catalog
Sponsored

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Cool. Skimmed most. Grain of salt, the roads were clearly marked. I am happy to see the interaction with bicyclists. Minute 19 +- a few seconds. Car switch lanes to get around a slow driver and then the other lane“s driver slowed and car switch lanes back.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I saw at least two sections of traveling on residential streets that had no center line markings and no side line markings.
Yeah, it's not lack of markings so much as 3+ lanes with bad markings.

And the thing is, bad markings screw up Humans, too. And we bythely ignore these dangers normally.

-Crissa

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
While I love seeing the advancement of FSD.. I don't think I'll ever be able to use it. I get motion sickness on another level during car rides in which I am not driving.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The big difference between Waymo and FSD is Waymo is more capable in it’s geofenced areas while FSD covers 1000s of times more area.

If you need to move around in those geofenced areas it sounds fantastic.

But so long as FSD requires the driver have hands on the wheel and be alert, it’s not much more useful than Autopilot to me. I can think of a few times/ places where it would be nice, but not many.

So I’m still waiting. FSD seems closer, but both seem out of reach for some time.
Sponsored

Last edited: