OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
You're missing a closing tag.

I don't know how stable it is with that articulated axle, but the heart wants what it wants.

-Crissa
Thanks, got the tag. Watch the video and it will show how stable it is. And, I could see using this into my 70s, where the Volcon, I would potentially wreck and break bones. This has a seat and the stability of 4 wheels.

It would be wild to deconstruct one of these and put everything in a SxS frame, using the suspension of this thing for articulation and the strength of materials used. Today, people are taking $20-35k SxSs, and swapping axles, rims, tires, everything... to the tune of $40-55k. This thing is as strong as their upgraded SxSs. peace
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I really love the idea of these electric vehicles for rough terrain. Only thing that I'm wondering about at the moment though is what difference the quieter ride will make.

For instance, when hiking in bear country you are supposed to make noise as you hike so that bears have time to hear you and avoid you. And that is at hiking speeds. What happens if we are sneaking silently through the backwoods at >20 mph? How many more bear encounters will there end up being?

Also, there is something about the silence to tell you that something went wrong with your buddy that was riding behind you somewhere. If there are engine noises you can still tell they are progressing. Silence means they have either stopped for a pee break or fallen off their vehicle somehow.

On the plus side though, there might be an excellent chance for seeing more of the other wildlife. Though they might make a quick run for it if you scare them by whipping around a corner suddenly without any warning.

And there is just the joy of the quiet outdoors if everyone is using electric vehicles then their noise won't be bothering you as you stop somewhere to see a sight. Hopefully, they don't come whipping around a corner suddenly and run you over.
Mountain Bikes?

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I really love the idea of these electric vehicles for rough terrain. Only thing that I'm wondering about at the moment though is what difference the quieter ride will make.

For instance, when hiking in bear country you are supposed to make noise as you hike so that bears have time to hear you and avoid you. And that is at hiking speeds. What happens if we are sneaking silently through the backwoods at >20 mph? How many more bear encounters will there end up being?

Also, there is something about the silence to tell you that something went wrong with your buddy that was riding behind you somewhere. If there are engine noises you can still tell they are progressing. Silence means they have either stopped for a pee break or fallen off their vehicle somehow.

On the plus side though, there might be an excellent chance for seeing more of the other wildlife. Though they might make a quick run for it if you scare them by whipping around a corner suddenly without any warning.

And there is just the joy of the quiet outdoors if everyone is using electric vehicles then their noise won't be bothering you as you stop somewhere to see a sight. Hopefully, they don't come whipping around a corner suddenly and run you over.
I can attest to this. I have a 2020 Specialized Levo Comp and a 2021 Rocky Mountain Instinct BC edition Carbon electric mountain bikes, and after almost hitting many deer and two moose, I tend to cough and hum a lot while riding at speed. The helmet and body armor won’t withstand a stomping moose. It’s almost a shame they are getting more and more silent, but at least they are fast away and agile in rough terrain ?

Last edited:

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I believe that Elon almost died in a motorcycle accident back in the day, and as long as he is on top in Tesla there will never be a Tesla Motorcycle. As he wants only safe vehicles for all, thus they made they Cyber Quad to go with the CT and not the Cyber Motorcycle.

I do agree that this new machine is much more compact so you can fit a few in the CT bed for the family to go on trails.

I wonder if they can autonomously follow each other. I'm imagining a tour guide situation...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I can attest to this. I have a 2020 Specialized Levo Comp and a 2021 Rocky Mountain Instinct BC edition Carbon electric mountain bikes, and after almost hitting many deer and two moose, I tend to cough and hum a lot while riding at speed. The helmet and body armor won’t withstand a stomping moose. It’s almost a shame they are getting more and more silent, but at least they are fast away and agile in rough terrain ?
Thanks for sharing that info. Good to know. Maybe I'll get a little speaker and play some music (not to loud). Riding out in the desert and coastal areas of California, I haven't ran into that problem. A friend of mine did ride up to a Bobcat awhile back.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ironically, quads don't seem to be safer than bikes when looking at statistics.

You're still bouncing around in rough terrain.

-Crissa

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Ironically, quads don't seem to be safer than bikes when looking at statistics.

You're still bouncing around in rough terrain.

-Crissa
This thing is actually safer than most quads out - maybe not SxS, but real 4 wheelers. This thing absorbs all the shock from rocks and such - watch it closely, and watch how much the rider doesn't have to absorb due to this machine. The suspension seems to be outstanding, but I wonder how it does what it does. It looks progressive, so light on the small stuff and ramps up quick for the heavy impacts. This thing almost looks like an extension of the person riding, but won't break it's leg or twist an ankle doing crazy things over crazy terrain with you on board.

I see nothing wrong. And, if you don't believe my knowledge and understanding of off-road vehicles, THE UNITED STATES MILITARY AND IRAELI DEFENSE FORCES are buying it. That means A WHOLE LOT!! Period. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The US military buys Zero FX motorcycles, too!

I think it's the standing pose that's doing alot of the work there; by standing, you're ensuring that the rider is using their balance which adds to the shock and balance ability of the vehicle. With quads, you have to lift up into an awkward pose, with motorcycles you have to stand on the pegs which isn't awkward, but it is a thing that takes quite a bit of training.

-Crissa

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
The US military buys Zero FX motorcycles, too!

I think it's the standing pose that's doing alot of the work there; by standing, you're ensuring that the rider is using their balance which adds to the shock and balance ability of the vehicle. With quads, you have to lift up into an awkward pose, with motorcycles you have to stand on the pegs which isn't awkward, but it is a thing that takes quite a bit of training.

-Crissa
I'm looking at it as a workout vehicle... standing actually works more of me. Think about it, we had kayaks, and they developed Stand Up Paddleboards. This thing is a win in all ways. I am getting one, with no buyers remorse ever.

And, I'm not trying to talk you out of your Zero. Enjoy whatever you want. I am doing the same.

They say it can tow about anything, and be set up to work autonomously. With a Cybertruck, what else is needed? peace

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Have to say, I liked the robomule aspect quite a bit. Especially cool to have a powered trailer for hauling. One could theoretically get way out in the wilderness by CT and then use the EZRaider and trailer to haul camping gear etc way out past the end of the forest service road.

As for the standing, I found it interesting that they had a seat that looked akin to what a bicycle might have. That might work for going over relatively smooth surfaces but for anything rough, I'd bet one would quickly get thrown off that seat. Seems like for real off-road stuff the seat would not be helpful. Overall though it might be a good way to get some exercise while also getting some adventure and fun.

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I don't worry about price anymore. I'm making $4k daily now... and, it will only go higher. So, 1 week and I'll clear that... 1 month and my CyberTruck will be paid for. So glad my transition is nearly over. I wish everyone had this ability. I didn't until... peace
I take donations if you’re feeling generous ?

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I take donations if you’re feeling generous ?
Nathan, you aren't likely my target audience. I'm not meaning to judge you, but if you have internet and are here on the regular. The people I will be meeting with, may not even realize there is internet.

I will be looking in the cracks of society, the places people don't go because they fear the unknown. This is where I will likely find the downtrodden people that others in society have tossed aside, as unnecessary - or maybe they've withdrawn, feeling unnecessary. I will help them. I will bring them food, and the message that they are absolutely necessary. I will lift them up and help them stand amongst the world that once tossed them out, or they withdrew from; and teach them that they have a right to be here, just as much as anyone, and that they can do this, on their own. peace

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Nathan, you aren't likely my target audience. I'm not meaning to judge you, but if you have internet and are here on the regular. The people I will be meeting with, may not even realize there is internet.

I will be looking in the cracks of society, the places people don't go because they fear the unknown. This is where I will likely find the downtrodden people that others in society have tossed aside, as unnecessary - or maybe they've withdrawn, feeling unnecessary. I will help them. I will bring them food, and the message that they are absolutely necessary. I will lift them up and help them stand amongst the world that once tossed them out, or they withdrew from; and teach them that they have a right to be here, just as much as anyone, and that they can do this, on their own. peace
That's what we do with my friends as well. I take old laptop batteries and turn them into power stations. Shattered solar panels and make them functional. Package the whole thing and send them with my other friends around they world. They do there part I do mine. I also teach others how they can do the same. What I can't get for free I try my best to get as cheap as possible. I live my life with my family paycheck by paycheck, and I do my best to give others the same opportunity. Living paycheck by paycheck is better then living without one, just my 2 cents.
Sponsored