What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
1. Sleeper chairs? Lay nearly flat so people can camp sleep in chair.
2. Million miles battery?

I second others' questions about Vehicle to Grid function and solar panels. Could add much value and would gladly pay for these as options. If worried about battery warranty, just modify warranty to account for cycles and people who decide to draw high current during V2G.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'm not sure a unibody stamping is either safe, or repairable. Looks cute, but what happens after the fenderbender, or a head on collision?
Tesla has a reputation of making the safest vehicles you can own.. period. Im sure they have it figured out.

Mark H

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Denali
Country flag
I think the larger jump in price from dual to tri is because in addition to an extra motor, there’s a large increase in battery size.
I think I also heard the the Tri-motor will have dual battery packs. One on Top of the other. I could be wrong ??‍♂

isync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ct
Country flag
I ordered DM and I would like it's range to be 400+ miles.

I plan to expand my garage to make it fit but love to have a second charging port (either right side or upfront).

I'd love to be able to sleep (lay flat) in main cabinet without adding the camping top.

xtreembob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Range. I'm hoping for 400+ for the dual motor

Though having a full pass through for camping would be better
I ordered the tri-motor due to the range. If the dual-motor evolves near the 500 mile range I’d downgrade my order. Following the battery technology that is extending range rapidly, hoping by the time production starts my dream will come true.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
How good is the auto parallel parking feature. Am i going to be able to park this thing on the street without having 2 spots open.
I had a Model X loaner and used the auto parallel feature. It worked like a charm, although came uncomfortably close to the Ferrari behind me. It positions midway between the two cars, which wasn’t exactly in the lines drawn on the street.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I'd really like to know (not necessarily a deal breaker) if the tri-motor Cybertruck is the "plaid" Cybertruck or is there one more (secret) level of performance beyond regular tri-motor? And if so, how much? I WANT IT!!!

Mantonelli

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Real estate developer
Country flag
What I really want is a luxury car in pick up truck form. I would be very happy paying well into the 6 figures for this truck. I want it to have every option known to man, including but not limited to:
Ventilated seats (I live in FL)
360 camera
Self parking
Self driving
Bad ass stereo system
Lots of storage inside

There’s a lot of other stuff I can’t think of right now but I just want it to be fully optioned.
I’ve reserved 2 of the trucks. A double motor and a tri motor just so I can be sure to get one as soon as they come out.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I need to know I'm not dead the moment I buy a Cybertruck.

I want to know if Cybertruck OTA " delete" functionality can kill a vehicle:
What software functionality do I pay Tesla that is included in the CT purchase price which is legally included as "part" of the Cybertruck for which I am paying? Can such purchased functionality *ever* be Dealer over-ridden, factory deleted or OTA changed in any way? How can its software fail or shutdown the Cybertruck?

What Cybertruck functionality does Tesla own and provide " free", as in free-to-use, as part of its TESLA experience that Tesla retains ownership and is not included in the purchase price able to kill the vehicle? How can this Tesla-owned software-fail, Tesla software-delete functionality or Tesla software-change, with or without notice and by whom does Tesla authorize its software to kill a Tesla vehicle or incapacitate a Cybertruck experience?

I travel deserts. Hell, I live in a desert at 7000' elev. Often travel into desert temperatures where it exceeds 100°F, off roads that go back 10 miles or more from pavement. I need to know that there exists no software variable, function or setting that can either time-out, calendar-trigger or mileage-trigger a local vehicle-shutdown command incapacitating a Cybertruck.

I owned a VW with a dealer shutdown command-triggered in software that stranded me 10 miles off-grid in 104°F heat. It was life threatening with little water to walk back to the nearest cellular reception and order a flatbed tow out of there. The whole car had to be Dealer reset, keyfobs re-paired to anti-theft system and its ECU software updated. It required hauling the car 65 miles to the nearest dealer. Finally, it occurred over a weekend and required waiting until Monday AM.

At 67 y.o. I can't put people in such a life threatening situation ever again.

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
This is what Ryan McCaffery, the podcaster for Ride the Lightning had to say about the Cybertruck and how he cleaned his Delorean.

Tesla Cybertruck cleaning

“Steel wool is made from mild steel that rusts readily. Using this on stainless steel embeds tiny particles of the mild steel into the stainless. It won't take long for the mild steel to rust causing your Cybertruck to look rusty. It also creates a chemical reaction that can cause pitting in the stainless. Many early DeLorean owners damaged their panels this way. The blending pads in the DeLorean kit linked to above are non-metallic scotch pads (gray color, 80 grit). They are for blending away minor scratches in the Delorean's brushed finish. Unless the CyberTruck has a similar brushed finish, I wouldn't use anything abrasive.

I just use a mild detergent and water with a soft microfiber cloth when I need to wash my DeLorean. I dry the panels right away to avoid water spots....this is very important.

Beware of the stainless polishes as they look great... for about 10 minutes. After that the polish attracts dust and then your maintenance efforts are useless.

Once a year or as necessary, I use BarKeepers Friend to remove stains and restore the brightness to the Stainless Steel panels. It's like a laser scrub for the panels. Stainless will develop a thin layer of oxidation. That's normal, and the layer protects the panel. BKF removes that oxidation and therefore leaves virgin stainless behind. Over time, that natural layer of oxidation returns. After many years or exposure to the weather, the stainless develops a dull appearance.

I have heard good things about Shiela Shine, which is similar to BKF, but I haven't used it.’

Hope that helps you.
Remember that this IS stainless steel, but there also appears to be another "ingredient" in this secretive exoskeleton. I have to believe that Elon has already thought this "rusting" thing through. I could be wrong, but Elon has over a 150 IQ. :)

Kimson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
There is a lot of focus on strength of the body and glass,

in the unfortunate case of an accident - would someone inside be able break the glass to get out? Rescuers how would they break the glass to get in and to save the occupants? Would the Fire Department or Rescue team need specialized equipments to pry the CT open?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Living close to the beach, my concern is surface rust on the stain “less” steal. I’ve sold stainless equipment locally, and after 6 months, there is surface rust on the units. Given it isn’t high grade on the products I sell, it’s still a concern.
Lived in San Diego 30 yrs. out on the peninsula with ocean on one side and bay the other. Salt-in-the-air destroyed the connectors attached to the wiring loom on my Range Rover. Range Rover couldn't keep up with the corrosion. Beach communities have more than aesthetics to be concerned about. Tesla have more electrical connections to engineer against corrosion from salt-y air.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Perhaps dielectric grease will be standard on all connectors. This raises a question, what connectors does Tesla use? Metripack like the big 3? I'm a Tesla newbie so this is all new to me.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
There is a lot of focus on strength of the body and glass,

in the unfortunate case of an accident - would someone inside be able break the glass to get out? Rescuers how would they break the glass to get in and to save the occupants? Would the Fire Department or Rescue team need specialized equipments to pry the CT open?
As long as they have a small steel ball they can crack the glass.
Sponsored