What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Before the reveal, I had just taken an M3 & MS for a test drive in Jacksonville, FL (nearest store and it was a 6-hour drive) and was trying the "put the square peg in the round hole" scenario, need a truck several times a year but I still drove a mid-size fuel-efficient sedan. When the CT was revealed it was the answer to my driving requirements, best of both worlds.

Can you imagine what the stock share price is going to do when these monsters hit the streets? Buy all you can squeak in the budget boys and girls, life's so bright ya gonna have to wear shades.
Sponsored

Kletust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I guess I'm one of the few that's buying it in spite of its looks instead of for its looks. Too flashy for my tastes. On the other hand, I love our Model 3 and the truck will fill a need for pulling our boats and will just be insanely fun to drive. I was going with the dual motor, but the extra range of the tri-motor is super important.

jojo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2001 Honda Civic
Occupation
CWI
Country flag
When I heard Tesla was going to release a truck I said to myself "If they release a truck for $50K Ill buy it." I was looking at Jeep Gladiators and many other new trucks. My wife and I in the mean time bought a Model 3 LR and I'm amazed with the car....and this sold me on the Cybertruck. When Tesla rolled the Cybertruck out and then posted the price for a Dual motor I was sold. And the main thing I like about it....it looks like nothing else on the road.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me, just having an electric pickup, no more crappy modern water based paint job which isn’t durable enough, no more flimsy thin steel body work which dents just by looking at it, having the air ride on the truck as standard, hopefully FSD for my later years or for when I can’t be bothered to drive myself are just a few. I can’t wait.

IceCold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Have a family of 5 with lots of toys and being able to lock them in my vault and drive to where ever we want to go without the terrible mileage of an ICE vehicle sounds great. When I saw I could get a vehicle that fit my needs for $39,900 I jumped at the chance. When I heard the single motor got moved from first to last in production, I kinda like that idea. Come outta the gate with the fastest, strongest, vehicle first. Build an image that creates respect and confidence in the brand. Then produce a functional reasonably priced rear wheel drive that works for most people and they'll want in. Also, the people that want the tri & dual motor trucks, seem like the ones who want to be noticed, or don't mind the attention. I'm hoping some of the attention will fade by the time I'm on the road in my Cybertruck.
Almost the exact reason I ordered the single motor.

I might upgrade to the dual motor at the time they actually start selling the single motor.

I do not need a vehicle right away.
I will let them work out any initial issues.

Where I live there is usually only one Tesla in most parking lots and while they are attractive, they kind of blend in.

I do not care if others like the looks, but based on my job and for the sake of my wife I do not want to be perceived as a flashy peacock. It might be kind of like having one the earliest production yellow Hummers many years ago. For those where Teslas are more common, have a more anonymous job or just don't care about flashy I will let them buy first. A year or two later hopefully people will be more used to seeing them even if they still think they look a bit different.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Looks strange..GOOD. But the "practical" aspect and full electric got me to order.To more $$$ than I have, but FSD will be handy as I'm getting on a bit. I'll have to get to 100 yo to get my monies worth.
Great for me to go camping, bird watching.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don't know about people wanting to be noticed when they buy the dual/tri motor versions, especially since I don't think these options will look any different from another. I think for a lot of people they might want to tow a big trailer or just want the insane range it comes with. The 0-60 speed is also something amazing but I'll only be showing my friends that on the track; when it comes to public roads, I actually prefer chill mode because while I love the acceleration, I also like a nice comfortable drive. But i'm sure for some people, you are right and they will be using their full acceleration all the time whenever they can to show off.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Almost the exact reason I ordered the single motor.

I might upgrade to the dual motor at the time they actually start selling the single motor.

I do not need a vehicle right away.
I will let them work out any initial issues.

Where I live there is usually only one Tesla in most parking lots and while they are attractive, they kind of blend in.

I do not care if others like the looks, but based on my job and for the sake of my wife I do not want to be perceived as a flashy peacock. It might be kind of like having one the earliest production yellow Hummers many years ago. For those where Teslas are more common, have a more anonymous job or just don't care about flashy I will let them buy first. A year or two later hopefully people will be more used to seeing them even if they still think they look a bit different.
There's a website called https://abetterrouteplanner.com
It's an interactive tool that lets you plan a trip and gives you a possible itinerary of Supercharger stops, it calculates mileage and the usage of electricity. In the settings you can adjust it to what vehicle and average speeds you drive to calculate. When I did calculations on trips with the single motor, there were areas that just wouldn't work well. Some places it calculated that I'd have to slow down on the interstate, to speeds below 60mph. After much soul searching, I changed my reservation to the dual. I really wish the dual and the single had more range. Who knows, things could change before they get built.
Cheers, Joe

Oobbeeddoo

First Name
Bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MGTF 160
Occupation
Environmental professional
Country flag
I'm a environmental professional so I Totally get the need for low carbon transport. Sick of ICE vehicles & machinery & see the perpetuation of our forced dependence on fossil fuels as a insult.

On a lighter note, I love the tech, innovation, speed, durability, capability, & probably be the last new vehicle I buy. Previouly bought new ones for my contracting firm & the dicks totalled them all, so this one's for me.

Ordered a RWD but would prefer a 4Wd & a smaller euro version (I'm in the UK).But May have to buy a model 3 as the CT is probably 2 years away for here. Unless the UK gets a Giga factory - we have lithium & need it.

Last edited:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm a environmental professional so I Totally get the need for low carbon transport. Sick of ICE vehicles & machinery & see the perpetuation of our forced dependence on fossil fuels as a insult.

On a lighter note, I love the tech, innovation, speed, durability, capability, & probably be the last new vehicle I buy. Previouly bought new ones for my contracting firm & the dicks totalled them all, so this one's for me.

Ordered a RWD but would prefer a 4Wd & a smaller euro version (I'm in the UK).But May have to buy a model 3 as the CT is probably 2 years away for here. Unless the UK gets a Giga factory - we have lithium & need it.
Will Berlin and Shanghai have CT production lines or is it only Texas?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Will Berlin and Shanghai have CT production lines or is it only Texas?

Tesla started advertising Cybertruck in China. With the dubious import laws for the Middle Kingdom I can foresee a CT line in Giga Shanghai coming soon if the demand there is anything like it is here. From there Tesla can hit most of Asia.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

One big reason for me to go BEV is to reduce dependence on foreign oil as a security measure. Why buy oil from countries that hate us and want to destroy us?

Would you not be able to buy from Giga Berlin if Tesla sets up a line for CT there?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There's a website called https://abetterrouteplanner.com
It's an interactive tool that lets you plan a trip and gives you a possible itinerary of Supercharger stops, it calculates mileage and the usage of electricity. In the settings you can adjust it to what vehicle and average speeds you drive to calculate. When I did calculations on trips with the single motor, there were areas that just wouldn't work well. Some places it calculated that I'd have to slow down on the interstate, to speeds below 60mph. After much soul searching, I changed my reservation to the dual. I really wish the dual and the single had more range. Who knows, things could change before they get built.
Cheers, Joe
The Supercharger network is growing and other companies are building their own lvl 2&3 charging network. Chargepoint and Plugshare are two websites worth checking out if anyone gets a single motor that can't go between certain Superchargers

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
In Oz the charge network in growing and there are plans to put chargers just where I want them..how did that happen?
Thing EV would be better if we didn't have a govt. protecting the fossil fuel industry. Even when the govts. own researchers push renewables, they go with fossils.
I don't really think they can stop the change. I'm doing all I can. Come on CT.
Sponsored