What price point will you cancel your order?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
You don't need to worry about the FSD price not being honored. The agreement is stated in black and white.
circled.JPG
If Tesla reneges on this agreement and you sue, your damages would be the return of your deposit. $100. You won't get FSD for $7000.
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
If Tesla reneges on this agreement and you sue, your damages would be the return of your deposit. $100. You won't get FSD for $7000.
I think Tesla would have a bigger PR problem, compared to me suing, if they don't honor this agreement.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
never fear!

is roughly true if consumers were left only to direct damages

but for reasons such as these - when being left to direct damages doesn’t incentivize businesses to avoid deceptive trade practices - states have consumer protection laws that that provide for statutory damages per instance, litigated and enforced by the state’s AG’s office

in Texas, the private remedies under the TxDTPA are 3X actual damages, plus mental anguish.

so while this is not legal advice, what one might consider doing if Tesla tried to sell FSD at full price to those with a lock-in price, one might go forward with buying it at full price while still asking for the agreed price (document them refusing), then:

• take it to the state AG’s office, as $8,000 in damages ($15K - $7K agreed), to claim $24,000 in 3X damages

• the state rounds up every claimant it can for their own $24,000 in damages, while filing an injunction against Tesla sales

• as evidence of mental anguish, just print out this entire forum, and be awarded probably $1B in mental anguish (we’re a sensitive bunch)

• step back and watch the world burn

Tesla Cybertruck What price point will you cancel your order? 1684808167466

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
never fear!

is roughly true if consumers were left only to direct damages

but for reasons such as these - when being left to direct damages doesn’t incentivize businesses to avoid deceptive trade practices - states have consumer protection laws that that provide for statutory damages per instance, litigated and enforced by the state’s AG’s office

in Texas, the private remedies under the TxDTPA are 3X actual damages, plus mental anguish.
Texas has two different law books. The written ones that look consumer friendly, then the unwritten ones the judges go by that makes the state notoriously corporate friendly, so much so that corporations go judge shopping to Texas to win favorable rulings.

See: Judge Kacsmaryk

Tesla Cybertruck What price point will you cancel your order? Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.32.10

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Texas has two different law books. The written ones that look consumer friendly, then the unwritten ones the judges go by that makes the state notoriously corporate friendly, so much so that corporations go judge shopping to Texas to win favorable rulings.

See: Judge Kacsmaryk

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.32.10.png
Not sure what your clip is describing, but the TxDTOA allows private enforcement

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Not sure what your clip is describing, but the TxDTOA allows private enforcement
My source. But I'll admit my ignorance. I've never sued anyone, or been sued. Just going off my general impression based on years following southern politics

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I was saying that if the truck is too expensive I'll hold off and get a lightning unless the FORD dealers try to scalp me. Then I'll just not get a truck
Sponsored