You might owe more than just your deposit if you cancel your Cybertruck order.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Yep and that's why I read every bit of @HaulingAss' detailed posts (and @cvalue13 and @JBee ). They saved me some money last month and have provided copious entertainment and enlightenment. Plus I learn new words from time to time, like rehomogolation. :cool:

If you're not interested, just scroll on by.
good for you John-boy!
Sponsored

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Tesla was way up today. 4.92%/ $11.76. Not a bad rise , but not a guaranteed profit unless you sell.
What the weak hearted need to do is not look at the share prices but once a month. looking daily will make you go grey early. My big mistake was selling 60% of Tesla early on in 2020 to basically keep the 40% with Elons money. Of course had I kept the full 100% back then, 5 to 1 split and another 3 to 1, My 13 yo daughter would be able to drive a founders edition beast along with the wife and myself. But you're damed if you do and damed if you don't. So selling then only allows me to buy a Founder edition beast and all the goodies to go with it. No, I haven't been asked to step up and complete an order yet. But I did get the invite to the the big reveal part 2 weeks ago. Wish I could say that with my Ford, Fisker and Lordstown investment. You win, you loose and you move on. Just as long as you're not spending money you need to live on. Invest what you can afford to loose.

Been at it for almost 30 years. Tesla, Apple and others don't come around everyday. While others come and go. At the end of the day, end of the year , you look to see if you made the right choices.
Tesla and others have been a good move, while others have come and gone.

Rick

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Received the invite to order the Foundation series and wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay the extra $20k, but decided I would go ahead and and order and worse case if I changed my mind, I would have to eat the $250 order fee. But after reading the fine print, looks like Tesla wants your original $100,
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.47.09 AM.jpeg.png
the $250 and the $2k delivery fee as well.
So, If you wont to cancel-do it before you move from reservation to order.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Tesla was way up today. 4.92%/ $11.76. Not a bad rise , but not a guaranteed profit unless you sell.

You win, you loose and you move on. Just as long as you're not spending money you need to live on. Invest what you can afford to loose.

Been at it for almost 30 years. Tesla, Apple and others don't come around everyday. While others come and go. At the end of the day, end of the year , you look to see if you made the right choices.
Tesla and others have been a good move, while others have come and gone.

Rick
Here's a cool hypothetical, when a person has exactly and only 100K to place.

Should one invest in the Cybertruck, or in the company that designed and built it?

One Cyberbeast or 4000 shares of TSLA?

I know the answer.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag

Should one invest in the Cybertruck, or in the company that designed and built it?

I know the answer.
Actually you don’t.
I would take the shares. But it’s more like 400 shares, not 4000.

Rick

maaficook

First Name
Maafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
School Admin
Country flag
that's why the deposit fee is now $1000, because people are not following up with a purchase. Also you are now out of the queue and if you want back in you start at the bottom.
Are you out of the cue if you DON'T want a foundation series?

fiveten

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2018 LR RWD Model 3 and 2021 AWD Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So, If you wont to cancel-do it before you move from reservation to order.
I almost just cancelled my order and got to the final page and it showed the $250 was non-refundable, but the original $100 would be refunded. This lines up with my understanding when I placed my $250 order fee and the agreements I had reviewed, but is contrary to what is listed in the order agreement.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

I know the answer.
That would depend upon if you are in the wealth building stage of your life, or already there. Unless you have an annual income of around $300,000 or more, and many years of work left in you.

And, yeah, more like 400 shares, which amounts to 27 pre-split shares. :)

CyberDude510

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model y
Country flag
Received the invite to order the Foundation series and wasn’t sure if I wanted to pay the extra $20k, but decided I would go ahead and and order and worse case if I changed my mind, I would have to eat the $250 order fee. But after reading the fine print, looks like Tesla wants your original $100,
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.47.09 AM.jpeg.png
the $250 and the $2k delivery fee as well.

That is their boilerplate agreement. That fee is for inventory vehicles. If you buy an inventory vehicle from Texas and they transport it to CA, you have to pay that cost if you cancel. You also have to pay the transport fee upfront in most cases. So you only lose what you have already paid.

maaficook

First Name
Maafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
School Admin
Country flag
No, that would be dumb.
Thank goodness! I appreciate your response. I have been stressing about whether to get the foundation series to make sure I wasn't going to miss my opportunity to get the dual motor. 😅 I don't desire/need all of the bells and whistles....love them, but don't need them. I want the Cyberlandr instead.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Are you out of the cue if you DON'T want a foundation series?
It is my understanding from a previous post from someone who contacted tesla, that if you put down the deposit for the foundation and get an order number and then don't follow through the order is invalid and your are out of the queue.

If you don't do anything then I believe you stay in the queue, especially if tesla if having problems getting people to buy the trucks at these new prices.

Please understand that I am just speculating and basing this on a prevous post that unfortunately I can't find.

maaficook

First Name
Maafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
School Admin
Country flag
It is my understanding from a previous post from someone who contacted tesla, that if you put down the deposit for the foundation and get an order number and then don't follow through the order is invalid and your are out of the queue.

If you don't do anything then I believe you stay in the queue, especially if tesla if having problems getting people to buy the trucks at these new prices.

Please understand that I am just speculating and basing this on a prevous post that unfortunately I can't find.
That feels right. I appreciate the thought partnership! I shall just chill and observe.
Sponsored