Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
A writer in a nationwide magazine once wrote an article about the African wildebeest, stating "Nothing will stop the charge of a wildebeest, except death -yours or his.
That's how I feel about the Cybertruck purchase. Nothing can stop it, except my death, or the death of Cybertruck itself, which, let's face it, ain't gonna happen.
Did you know "ain't" ain't a word?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
Something like the upcoming Ford Ranger EV. This would allow agility in all the daily local business, work and play errands. Leaving the aging RAM longbed diesel for the heavy work and heavy towing duties.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Even though vapor ware, an example of competition.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Alien invasion that sucks all electricity from the planet and replaces it with crude oil. If I do die before production, I want to be buried in it.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
If Tesla unveils a Cybervan with good range, before i get the Cybertruck.
Stainless steel Astrovan??!? Dodge Econoline with gull-wing doors? Highest crash rating VW bus...

My brain hurts trying to imagine a Tesla van...yet, I probably would seriously consider getting one beforehand.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
But most importantly, I need to know the following or it will prevent my purchase.
-What is it's EPA range? 500 is the bare minimum. If it's exactly 500 I have a decision to make. I'm not overly concerned with this one as I think the EPA range will be over 500 miles...but that might be with 32" hwy tires. I need it to have 500 miles with at least 32" AT tires. Again, not too concerned but if it turns out I'll only get 499 with 32" ATs, I'm out.
You are aware that with 500 mile EPA range you will get actual range of between approximately 400 and 550 miles and that with 499 mile EPA rating you will get between approximartely 400 and 550? You are also aware that with time the battery will degrade and the rated range will go below 500? I think you need to think about this a bit more.

But it is almost cerain that the EPA range will not come in below 500.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
You are aware that with 500 mile EPA range you will get actual range of between approximately 400 and 550 miles and that with 499 mile EPA rating you will get between approximartely 400 and 550? You are also aware that with time the battery will degrade and the rated range will go below 500? I think you need to think about this a bit more.

But it is almost cerain that the EPA range will not come in below 500.
Yes, I'm aware. The point being I have to draw a line somewhere.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I understand that but given the rather loose relationship between EPA rating and the performance you will actually experience it seems that drawing a hard line in the sand based upon it is not the best way to decide. Just my thinking on it.

Relivinoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
EMP attack will prevent me from purchasing the CT, or any other EV. Other than that, I'm in.
Sponsored