What price point will you cancel your order?

Dr_Grey_Bush

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
Tesla wants to beat them all, so no I don't think they'll price high. they want CTs out on the road in numbers..... not rare.
I agree with you 100% on this. If the price is keep around the 68k mark it will pay off big time in the long run. It has to be affordable to the average working man to hit the numbers Musk wants and rarity is not the image he wants to see for the CT.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Since the 4680 cells haven't had the energy density Tesla was hoping for, I'm more concerned having to downgrade rather than cancel at this point. But staying hopeful!

Either way needs to be under the $80k to get the credit. All the rebates are $12.5k here and that makes a huge difference

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If Tesla reneges on this agreement and you sue, your damages would be the return of your deposit. $100. You won't get FSD for $7000.
No, they'd be criminally liable, as to publish an offer at a price like that and rescind it is an actual crime in California - the state the company was in when the offer was made and accepted.

Also, lots of customers are in California, which makes the sales squarely in the state.

-Crissa

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
This is a hard question to answer because we don't know it's full feature set! So yeah, it really depends for me. I'll have to completely re-evaluate after the launch event when I have the full information, perhaps a review or two from credible sources, and, lastly, the final price.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
No, they'd be criminally liable, as to publish an offer at a price like that and rescind it is an actual crime in California - the state the company was in when the offer was made and accepted.

Also, lots of customers are in California, which makes the sales squarely in the state.

-Crissa
Yes, the FSD was locked in at that price according to Tesla. Here's the order page from the night of the reveal.

Tesla Cybertruck What price point will you cancel your order? orderpage

JJMc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Country flag
I preordered a single motor. I am willing to go to a dual motor (2025?), but I'm not willing to pay more than $70,000. No FSD. This is not feature-dependent for me.

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
Its been so long since I looked at my calcs on this. Based on original "pricing", I think I had it out the door <$100,000 Canadian for a dual motor with FSD.
In the intervening years.. I've become less enthused about dropping that kind of coin on the CT. But we shall see, right? I will likely drop out if it is actually priced that high, but based on the expected production volumes and my number in line I won't have to make that decision for many years.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
i would say a 10% increase from the original reservation plus the unknown extra options would be fair. Heck we floated his 1.2 million reservations interest free for close to 4 years.

Rick

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
NO way in hell I am willing to pay 80k, 70k, or even 60k. Sorry, I am just an old cheap bastard.
I didn't get to where I am overpaying for anything. Mr. Free and Clear

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I love novelty…so would pay 100k with FSD. Hopefully Tesla stock will have a bounce upon production announcement and would pull some funds towards any price increase. I was put on the waiting list first week they took deposits for the tri motor with FSD.

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Exp Max Ltd, 2021 Ford F350 Ltd
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I honestly don't believe many who are financing this thing can practically afford it. Most American households cannot afford 100K for a vehicle, but maybe those of us participating on these forums are just part of that echo chamber that can. I don't know.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I honestly don't believe many who are financing this thing can practically afford it. Most American households cannot afford 100K for a vehicle, but maybe those of us participating on these forums are just part of that echo chamber that can. I don't know.
If you/anyone had asked me 7 years ago whether I could afford this car I'd have said ***NO***. But having paid off my Lexus RX in 2018, I applied the same monthly payments to an 'escrow' to myself. Most of that escrow went into putting my money where my mouth was and buying Tesla stock. Long story short, closing in on 6 years later I've squirreled away enough to buy the Cybertruck at the current prices. Am I happy that the trim specs and pricing I signed up for have changed? No, and I doubt any are, but I have come to grips with the new reality. Something like a CyberLandr is now out of reach but I was never certain whether a CyberLandr, SpaceCamper, etc. would be for me.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
$150K for the FS Cyberbeast, $100K for the FS Cybertruck DM. My FS Cyberbeast is coming in at just over $130K, not cheap but compared to others in terms of performance, utilities, features, brand name, a great buy 🤓
Sponsored