What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down?

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-002951
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-002753
Sponsored

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
What the heck are these things? Fly window locks? Jay Leno cameras? A folding lock for the rear window?

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
It's weird, I would have thought that also, but there is never a camera angle in the video from the back seat.

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? 1592409482427

In this image you can clearly see the camera on the outside of the B-pillar, that's why we don't get any image from the backseat.

Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? 1592409316592

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Well fair enough, I was hoping there was a cooler reason for it, but I guess that's probably it. Thanks for your input cybrnick ?

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's weird, I would have thought that also, but there is never a camera angle in the video from the back seat.
Just because they didn't show the footage does not mean they did not shoot it.

It is entirely possible that Tesla killed any footage that would show the UI or other details that showed where they drove the truck. You know they insisted on having the last say in what was shown. I also believe they had the last say in what Jay could ask question wise (note how he didn't ask any questions that we do not already have answers to). I am sure they insisted on many concessions before they would agree on letting the CT on the show.

Reactions: H20
OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Yeah it was pretty boring actually, the only other thing I noticed in this video was that in almost every scene Jay was driving over the lane line. Either he is a terrible driver, or he was really nervous about scraping up the passenger side?

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-132553
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-132553
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-132646
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-132748
Tesla Cybertruck What's this? Are they fly window locks? Cameras for the Leno show? Rear window locks to fold it down? Screenshot_20200617-132626

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
He's over the line in like every shot, what do you guys think?

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
He's over the line in like every shot, what do you guys think?
I’m going for bad driver. I noticed his head was pointed up and was always looking down his nose. Like a grandma.

It’s possible the seat was poorly adjusted so the site picture out the front was hard to see over the hood

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Those look like camera mounts to me

OP
OP
H20

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
Yeah, I'm sure if it was a Tesla attachment it would be more hidden, and sleek, not poking out like that. I think I'm getting so obsessed for any new info on CT, I feel like I'm playing "where's Waldo" on every photo. The worst part is my reservation is over 400k,so I'll be waiting awhile. I wish they would at least out a comprehensive list of all the options, including solar tonneau, solar wings, biodefense system, distilled water generator, cost of wraps, boat mode, matching camper with solar roof and additional battery packs, tow hitches w/ electrical hook ups with bidirectional charging, oled blackout windows, HUD, and any other options the may be offering. A payment calculator so I could play around with it on the Tesla website with images would be fun also. I realize at least half of the things I wrote are probably a dream, but it would be awesome!

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
Given Teslas past (first roadster) experience with a certain GB TV Show, I can fully understand why they would be a bit on the "controll freak side"......

And the way, the same guy, later (Model X), made fun of this, in the "Grand Tour Series" , which is a AMAZONE product.....hint :unsure:, did not make it one bit better.