JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Imagine trying to crawl from the front seat, over the center console, doing a low craw into the bed... LOL, hard pass. It would be nice for hauling long, but thin items like lumber or something clean like that which you wouldn't mind on your interior. But crawling from cab to bed, I don't think there'd be much of a market for that. I can see camping in the bed with some kind of tent setup or bed camper like we've seen and it would be great to have the window be able to go down to share HVAC controls.
I'd like to see someone get their head through a 6" high window, let alone the rest of their body.

At 6ft with a overhang the bed is also on the short side to sleep in the bed, let alone you'd have to sleep with you head in the rear of the bed to get the full length.

Even with a wind down window, that needs to have the same angle as the midgate wall to fit in there, there's safety issue with loading things into the cab at head or body height. Good way to spear yourself in the back of the head with anything you loading. Better off on the roof and tied down properly.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'd like to see someone get their head through a 6" high window, let alone the rest of their body.

At 6ft with a overhang the bed is also on the short side to sleep in the bed, let alone you'd have to sleep with you head in the rear of the bed to get the full length.

Even with a wind down window, that needs to have the same angle as the midgate wall to fit in there, there's safety issue with loading things into the cab at head or body height. Good way to spear yourself in the back of the head with anything you loading. Better off on the roof and tied down properly.
I am surprised we don't see a slider. It wouldn't require any mechanism below. Maybe a slider will be put in at the last minute. Very little effort unless automatic.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Not sure if the window is good for a professional tradie who really needs an 8' bed.

But for most others imo, without needing to lower the tailgate, or might prefer a closed tailgate, super handy to slide in the odd 2400 (8'10") sheet, or the odd pipe, surf board etc.

Better than not having anything.
I'll take it(!) Bound to find a myriad of uses. Like passing pizza to your friend on the banana lounge out back.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was just at Lowe’s the other day and watching all the contractors sorting through the lumber, I pondered how much money is spent on labor because of crappy wood.
It's because they're taking green, raw wood and storing it indoors without any straps. If it was left in the stacks, it wouldn't warp so badly.

You really shouldn't use green lumber for remodeling, so it really is a waste for them to carry it. But it has the highest profit margin, so...

-Crissa
Sponsored