Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Wow. That window is almost pointless. Maybe save on the mechanicals and glass and just use the digital rear view camera (if legal?) Best part is no part?
We might just be surprised by how good the 'window' feature is. Keeping an open mind on this one. Looks Kool so far, esp in 'camp Mode' which l'm sure will be popular when laying in bed and having the centre
screen 'fire' ON [ New Romantic ]
Sponsored

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
If Tesla doesn't include a rear window with at least a sliding section - maybe the middle third - in the CT, the aftermarket will be offering one very quickly.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Can anyone think of an example of a shorter back window?
It seems to be about the height of the side mirror.
So you care? There arenā€™t many pickups, or even cars anymore, with real rear windows. Or are you complaining because you are bored? I accept that.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I donā€™t think itā€™s *pointless*, but I *do* think people donā€™t yet fully grasp how small the actual glass aperture is

the portion of glass one can see through is materially less than the the expanse of glass visible from the outside (due to overlap trim etc interior to the cabin)

that glass aperture is the height of a headrest, and the width of the aperture is 1/2 obscured *by* headrests
So? Is there some value to all this rear window rambling? Do any of us ā€˜reallyā€™ care about the rear window when we have a digital rear display that isnā€™t affected by headrests, cargo, size, etc? I would like a way to/from the cab and bed, and I would prefer it to be lower than the rear window, and otherwise I almost donā€™t even care if there is one, let alone the size.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So? Is there some value to all this rear window rambling? Do any of us ā€˜reallyā€™ care about the rear window when we have a digital rear display that isnā€™t affected by headrests, cargo, size, etc? I would like a way to/from the cab and bed, and I would prefer it to be lower than the rear window, and otherwise I almost donā€™t even care if there is one, let alone the size.
tbh, sounds kinda like you did

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
I don't care for rear window. I cared for midgate, but it's now clear there won't be any and this is a real pity. It halves the value of this truck for me

Cenakaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
If the window can indeed be removed, does that mean you can load up long planks and whatnot completely inside the vault?
Sponsored