Wheel covers have to be deleted.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Wheel covers have to be deleted. f290d0db-b2fd-458f-a6b3-8fa859e35ec2-jpe

Anybody who has thought about it for 5 seconds KNOWS that these will be destroyed by any curb.

They will be completely destroyed churning in sand or mud.

They will be completely destroyed by rocks when off-roading in the first 5 minutes.

For an "indestructible" truck, obvious weaknesses have got to GO!

Let's see better options from the creative crowd.
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
f290d0db-b2fd-458f-a6b3-8fa859e35ec2-jpeg.jpg

Anybody who has thought about it for 5 seconds KNOWS that these will be destroyed by any curb.

They will be completely destroyed by rocks when off-roading in the first 5 minutes.

I'm not a fan, and don't expect those wheels on my CT, if there is an option at all, depending. So much is up in the air still. We really need to see the up-to-date version, that's coming soon. From there, hopefully there'll be something more workable. peace

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I love the look of them. I’d probably drive them until they got curbed and then replace them with something else. That’s if they’re standard. We’ll have to see. Looks like they’re designed to marry up with those tires, making them less likely to be in the final design IMO.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
f290d0db-b2fd-458f-a6b3-8fa859e35ec2-jpeg.jpg

I'm sure you could just remove them during your vehicle delivery appointment, take them home, shrink wrap them, and store them safely for 40 years in the future when you drive your CT in a July 4 parade with other classic cars.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I really like the covers. And because they are covers, they call be taken off when using the truck in an activity that may ruin them. Curb rash is another issue, but any wheel can be damaged by that. I just be careful to not hit curbs.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Those things are so hideous. Underneath they are the sweet Arachnid wheels. The truck would look so much better if they just took them off. I expect the real vehicle to have some new custom real rims.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I have a 3/4 ton truck with 35 x 12 tires r18 wheels...I'm fairly certain that is the same size as the CT prototype shown. On my truck, the tires protect the wheels from curb rash and other damage because they bulge out further than the wheels. In a truck this size it is inevitable that you will rub a curb or two parking, etc. I would expect that I would use those covers for long trips where efficiency is a must. Otherwise they will be sitting in the garage or in the truck bed under storage. I hated the look at first, but I don't mind them now. I do think the wheel behind the cover would look much better.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Wheel covers have to be deleted. 6888090B-0EBF-49BB-BCA6-1BF7712DC5B5

Wheel cover and tire bulge are shown more clearly. It appears that the tire is not designed to protect the wheel or wheel cover.

Designers got their “look” and engineers their 14” articulation numbers. The wheel covers where the two meet is a happy compromise for the staging of prototype Zero.0.

I can see the authenticity behind ordering this option. I would opt for a wheel with negative offset for added protection. I would also look at an engineered beadlock for the CT tire design. Awaiting tech not yet revealed like inside cab air up/down, auto tire temp control or Aussie beadkocks I like what Tesla has done down to the wheel covers

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Those custom sidewalls on the tires probably cost a fortune, which tells me they are probably just for the prototype. I do expect some sort of wheel cover for range reasons tho.

Deleted member 859

I hope to take delivery of my truck at the factory here in Texas. If ANY removable wheel covers are on my truck, I’ll be handing them back before I drive off. I’ve never had hubcaps on any of my trucks and I won’t start now. Hubcaps don’t belong on a truck!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I hope to take delivery of my truck at the factory here in Texas. If ANY removable wheel covers are on my truck, I’ll be handing them back before I drive off. I’ve never had hubcaps on any of my trucks and I won’t start now. Hubcaps don’t belong on a truck!
Without hubcaps, how are you supposed to do a quick turn during a police chase and have one of the hubcaps go rolling off to the side of the road? Plus without hubcaps it just looks like you parked in the bad part of town and they were stolen while you did a quick run into the convenience store.

LOL.