Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Necro-ing this thread because I sincerely believe that everyone here should see these:
https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-armory.php
THOSE WERE MADE FOR CT! haha
if the caps are that extruded, I will be replacing the wheel with some Black Rhinos (ideally that will fit the existing rubber)

cheers!

GuitarLunatic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Occupation
Customer Service
Country flag
I’ve never had hubcaps on any of my trucks and I won’t start now. Hubcaps don’t belong on a truck!
A lot more trucks than you think have "hubcaps". Most RAM trucks you see with those shiny fancy chrome wheels are actually just chromed plastic covers over standard wheels. I can't speak to other manufacturers but I'm sure there are other examples. I'm not sticking up for the covers on the CT, but this is very common.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
To keep production costs down the $40k Single Motor might have steel wheels with some version of this hubcap.

The Dual and Tri Motors will have alloy wheels. I predict that one of these will have a 7-spoke alloy wheel option from the factory.

Tesla Cybertruck Wheel covers have to be deleted. FA941395-01F5-457F-8612-4BC51891FA13

Todd D

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M760, Lexus GX470-GXOR, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Investments
Country flag
I spend all hunting season washing the mud out of my driveway that my truck tracks home and rain deposits in my drive. I can not even imagine how much mud could get packed inside those wheels and follow me home.

If they are alloy wheels it will take forever to wash them out. If they are hubcaps I assume they will at some point fly off at high speeds from the weight of the mud. Just thinking (and sayin')

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I like the blade runner covers, and like was stated above, you can simply remove them as desired which reveals alloy rims behind them. Win win.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
After the muscle cars automotive went into its “e” phase economy cars. BEV cars kinda rode-in on that “e” car with more econo…until Cybertruck.

Cybertruck is the first vehicle design consumers have seen that is not their father’s Oldsmobile. I’m excited that GenY/GenZ are embracing the Cybertruck as their muscle car. That it their turn to mod, custom and make the Cybertruck into their vision what a Cybertruck should be.

A whole new phase is exciting culturally. its a healthy taking ownership. Who knows where “Lake pipes” on a BEV goes but I’m all-in on finding out.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
if it comes with covers, I'll keep them for towing or maybe long trips to eek out every mile I can...otherwise they'll be in the garage for daily...unless the rims underneath are junk or too small, then I'll go aftermarket...I have a 3/4 ton with 35x12.5x20 - curbs / curb rash is not a concern and i'd like to maintain that with the CT

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
if it comes with covers, I'll keep them for towing or maybe long trips to eek out every mile I can...otherwise they'll be in the garage for daily...unless the rims underneath are junk or too small, then I'll go aftermarket...I have a 3/4 ton with 35x12.5x20 - curbs / curb rash is not a concern and i'd like to maintain that with the CT
I think the naked wheels look quite good. They are a peculiar bronze color which this photo doesn’t capture well though.

If that bronze color is on the final wheels, I might have to have them powder coated a bright pink or neon green color.

Tesla Cybertruck Wheel covers have to be deleted. 1644213185140

Though it’s likely the hubcap clips would mar the powder coat.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the non covered are legit - they matched the forged wheels on my Aprilia - I'm a traditionalists so not really a fan of colors - so hopping the stock ones turn out to be black vs. bronze
Tesla Cybertruck Wheel covers have to be deleted. 1644245287607
Sponsored