duck

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Dude, the Model 3, which Elon says costs more to build than the Cybertruck, has dropped thousands of dollars in price since release (for the same configuration).

Why are you stuck on this weird concept that the Cybertruck will rise in price?

-Crissa
Not sure what Franken is talking about, but I do think that the value (not purchase price) will increase. Which is strange for a vehicle. CTs on the secondary market will be selling for more than the price of a new one on reserve. At least while production is constrained.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla has none of the overhead of legacy dealers do they should be able to prune cars lower but they don't. Contrary to musk's talk about green and making sure everyone can afford this change he instead has no dealers, very few repair shops, charges for anything but white color, no radios or Sirius, low mileage cars as you can't drain battery nor can you top it off as you may damage car. More profit in his car than anyone else. The 25k car will only be sold in China. More and more are coming to market and though they may have version 3.0 auto steering in a year(Hyundai) they aren't promising full autonomy every other week but they are going to give us enough to have car drive on hiways and not charge up front.

Averages are misleading. An average includes 250k cars thrown in then divided to make the average. There are 50 or more cars far below 40k that are nice cars. 75% of some brands are under 40k. Look at kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Chevrolet, etc. Sorry but Tesla is overpriced. I think even Elon had said they are too high.
It looks like you have absorbed a lot of the misleading information like a good little FUD sponge.

Averages are averages. It will only be misleading if you don't understand what "average price" means. Take all new light vehicles sold, add up the prices they actually sold for, and divide that by the number of vehicles sold. That's the average price and it's currently above $40K. Most people around the area I live spend between $30-$50K on a new vehicle.

Keep in mind, trucks average a lot higher and premium 1/2 tons can go for up to $80K and more. The Cybertruck is VERY competitive in the pickup market and Tesla will sell them as fast as they can make them for many years.

If it's overpriced by your measuring stick, great, don't buy one - that leaves more for those of us who think they will be a bargain! Which is a good thing for us!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are right. When there is inflation. Your crystal ball predicts a certain amount of inflation in an economy that no one can predict ‘anything’ for. Labor rates go up when there is a strong economy, not when millions are out of work. Why not let Tesla figure out when and if to change their pricing. Maybe they will change their pricing after they fulfill the preorders that have been reserved, I don’t know.
prices should come down or stay the same since Texas has no income tax.......if they go up to the "X" or "S" level, I think I will buy then sell immediately for a higher price

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
prices should come down or stay the same since Texas has no income tax.......if they go up to the "X" or "S" level, I think I will buy then sell immediately for a higher price
Do you care to explain what kind of effect you think Texas's lack of an income tax has on the retail price of a Cybertruck?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Not sure what Franken is talking about, but I do think that the value (not purchase price) will increase. Which is strange for a vehicle. CTs on the secondary market will be selling for more than the price of a new one on reserve. At least while production is constrained.
Wouldn't be the first time that happened. interesting reading about high prices of used cars right now! https://www.motor1.com/news/501056/used-cars-cost-more-new-cars/

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Alot of people also - last summer - entered the used car market so they could replace their mass transit with a car.

It's not very feasible, because mass transit can move far, far, far more people in the same place. But some places are doing things like limiting busses to eight passengers. It's nuts.

There is literally no way to build enough automobile capacity.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you care to explain what kind of effect you think Texas's lack of an income tax has on the retail price of a Cybertruck?
yea, I care......with no taxes they may be inclined to not raise prices due to less expenditures....I do think taxes are a consideration for pricing and the overall cost to build....

by the way, do you know this: if an elephant's from legs are moving at 45mph, what the back legs doing?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
yea, I care......with no taxes they may be inclined to not raise prices due to less expenditures.,,
Taxes aren't expenditures. They only apply to profits. More profits, more taxes. Less profits, less (or no) taxes. Lowering the price would lower profits, and hence, lower taxes.

Having less taxes has no impact upon prices or costs. This isn't a VAT.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
yea, I care......with no taxes they may be inclined to not raise prices due to less expenditures....I do think taxes are a consideration for pricing and the overall cost to build....

by the way, do you know this: if an elephant's from legs are moving at 45mph, what the back legs doing?
Poor elephant, there's no way the back legs can run at 45 mph. They won't be able to keep up.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Oh, you said "income tax". It looks like you meant corporate tax. Two different things. I agree with Crissa's answer on that.

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
I don't know when or if Tesla will raise the price of the CT or FSD feature, but the possibility is there. I did order another CT Tri because its still only $100, which is refundable. There is no way I would order any other CT version or without FSD since it will be easy to just drop options or version if need be instead of the potential cost increase of adding/upgrading later. If the second truck can be delivered a year or two after the first, I would just sell or RTaxi the first one out and then have another new truck to replace it.
Sponsored