First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Regarding: “...As for the two—year production date, it’s not the far off”

Those who require instant gratification have a different opinion.
Sponsored

rbest

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 4x4 hemi, Ram 1500 4x4 3.6 l
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm hoping it's built in Canada and that the lithium used in the batteries is extracted from Alberta crude oil. Alberta already has the cleanest and best managed oil industry so it would make sense that Tesla would want their name associated with an ethnically managed producer and get a great work force with automotive building experience. A low Canadian dollar only sweetens the deal.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I'm hoping it's built in Canada and that the lithium used in the batteries is extracted from Alberta crude oil. Alberta already has the cleanest and best managed oil industry so it would make sense that Tesla would want their name associated with an ethnically managed producer and get a great work force with automotive building experience. A low Canadian dollar only sweetens the deal.
Well it is a little obvious you are from Alberta. Have you told anyone you are interested in the CT and what has the reaction been like when you talk about it. One province over it is generally not even discussed and mostly unknown.

rbest

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 4x4 hemi, Ram 1500 4x4 3.6 l
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Well it is a little obvious you are from Alberta. Have you told anyone you are interested in the CT and what has the reaction been like when you talk about it. One province over it is generally not even discussed and mostly unknown.
I tell a lot of people. I also remind them that no one is talking a EV range of 500 miles except Tesla. I drive 400+ miles a day so the fuel cost savings pay for the truck.

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
It is a product which could be assembled everywhere in the world, just like Ford T was 100 years ago.
And the "plant near you" might well be developed by local enterprises who also are capable of body repairs.

OP
OP
BryanMorera

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Regarding: “...As for the two—year production date, it’s not the far off”

Those who require instant gratification have a different opinion.
To be clear, I meant that a two-year production date is not far off from what Tesla has done with previous models; such as the Model 3 which saw one year and 4 months from unveiling to the first delivery.

But I understand your point as well. Those who require instant gratification should take solace in knowing that the wait only makes it sweeter when it is finally delivered. Me personally, the timing couldn't be better, my Ram 1500 will be about 8 years old when deliveries begin, so it will be the perfect time to change.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
To be clear, I meant that a two-year production date is not far off from what Tesla has done with previous models; such as the Model 3 which saw one year and 4 months from unveiling to the first delivery.

But I understand your point as well. Those who require instant gratification should take solace in knowing that the wait only makes it sweeter when it is finally delivered. Me personally, the timing couldn't be better, my Ram 1500 will be about 8 years old when deliveries begin, so it will be the perfect time to change.
The Model Y seems to be moving along rapidly as well!
Sponsored