Will FSD price at preorder be honored?

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Foundation (awaiting delivery)
Country flag
This is why I pointed out the law in California, where the offer was made, has criminal penalties as opposed to civil.

Why are you posting in support of criminality, anyhow?

Like, this seems like a 'who peed in your wheaties' sort of situation.

-Crissa
I apologize, I as I didn't see anything you pointed out (link or otherwise civil code) to cite as the source of "criminal penalties". If you can provide them, it would be helpful.

Which is also the reason I ask if you are member of BAR association.

As far as I can tell, if the FSD price isn't honored, it would be a breach of contract, and that would be a Civil case and not a Criminal Case. As such Criminal penalties don't apply.

So to be clear, I am merely asking the question as this is the internet and most people tend to read and believe what was posted.

Cheers!

beewang
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've pointed out the exact law in the past, I'm not a lawyer - just someone who's worked retail in a small store and had to know the laws regarding sale prices and offers.

You cannot advertise some price and not carry through.

It's from the same laws that apply to overcharging. Price gouging is not okay in our state and while the penalties start small, they don't end there and the AG gets alot of leeway in pursuing bigger violations, including criminal fines and treating it as theft.

So there doesn't need to be a contract line. It's expected. It's default. They keep their word or they're in trouble.

-Crissa

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Some of yā€™all have trouble reading. Here it is againā€¦

ā€œ Selecting Full-Self Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future.ā€

As for honoring the FSD price in the foundation orders. It is being honored in the cyberbeast, not in the AWD.

IMG_6002.png
I donā€™t understand why this is still a topic of conversation. Here it is. This is how it was when I ordered too, as it was a when most people ordered.
the only thing I can think of is that people are looking for an excuse to pull the trigger on a Foundation Series. ā€œIf the price goes up it will be a great deal now!ā€
there is nothing suggesting Tesla will not honor what they said they would.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I've pointed out the exact law in the past, I'm not a lawyer - just someone who's worked retail in a small store and had to know the laws regarding sale prices and offers.

It's from the same laws that apply to overcharging. Price gouging is not okay in our state and while the penalties start small, they don't end there and the AG gets alot of leeway in pursuing bigger violations, including criminal fines and treating it as theft.

So there doesn't need to be a contract line. It's expected. It's default. They keep their word or they're in trouble.

-Crissa
And since itā€™s more than a thousand dollar difference CA may actually do something about it!

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I donā€™t understand why this is still a topic of conversation. Here it is. This is how it was when I ordered too, as it was a when most people ordered.
the only thing I can think of is that people are looking for an excuse to pull the trigger on a Foundation Series. ā€œIf the price goes up it will be a great deal now!ā€
there is nothing suggesting Tesla will not honor what they said they would.
Because there is no Tesla official documentation on it. None. Tesla did not include it anywhere.

It is just a wayback-machine website. People act like a 3rd party history site is Tesla official doc. ;)

We've all seen large companies do sketchy things and Tesla is certainly no different.

Codyco

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Was there an option for the advanced autopilot? What's the difference?
Tesla Cybertruck Will FSD price at preorder be honored? Screenshot_20231217_204011_Chrome

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Because there is no Tesla official documentation on it. None. Tesla did not include it anywhere.

It is just a wayback-machine website. People act like a 3rd party history site is Tesla official doc. ;)

We've all seen large companies do sketchy things and Tesla is certainly no different.
ā€œSelecting full self driving today will secure youā€™re price as it increases in the future.ā€
and then people put down a reservation with those terms. Thats about as official youā€™re gonna get with a preorder.
a typical consumer could reasonably assume they will be paying 7k when their turn comes

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

-Crissa
I don't know you from Adam, and I don't know what "..exact law in the past .." you've pointed out. So I will ask you again to cite the regulation you are referring to, or this discussion is over.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know you from Adam, and I don't know what "..exact law in the past .." you've pointed out. So I will ask you again to cite the regulation you are referring to, or this discussion is over.
Oh for eff sake, anyone can look it up. There's a bunch of applicable laws.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/regulat... term "Bait and Switch,intend or want to sell.

Letsee, there's california business and professions code Ā§ 17500 https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/california-ag-s-consumer-protection-8592415/#:~:text=Specifically%2C%20under%20California's%20Unfair%20Competition,consumer%20protection%20investigations%20and%20prosecutions.

And of course, California Business & Professions Code Section 12024.2
https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/priceg...ns of the price gouging,fine of up to $10,000.

Remember, that's per violation, and on top of damages.

*sigh*

You are very specifically engaging in 'why wouldn'tTesla break the law?' which is rather bad behavior, if you ask me.

-Crissa

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks... That is all I have been asking for, is there a reason why you are so defensive and worked up?

.....Remember, that's per violation, and on top of damages.
Yes, thanks again, but I can read and don't need the reminder.

You are very specifically engaging in 'why wouldn'tTesla break the law?' which is rather bad behavior, if you ask me....
As I have previously stated, I don't know you from Adam and the Internet is full of misinformation. I wanted to know what you were looking at.

Lastly, I didn't ask for your opinion. But its a free country... You are entitle to have your opinion.

Cheers,

beewang

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks... That is all I have been asking for, is there a reason why you are so defensive and worked up?
There are multiple threads on this over the last 4 yrs. Read them and argue with yourself.
Yes, thanks again, but I can read and don't need the reminder.
Apparently you do?

It would be a criminal violation in California, where the offer was made, to refuse to honor it.

No contract needed.
As I have previously stated, I don't know you from Adam and the Internet is full of misinformation. I wanted to know what you were looking at.
law.cornell.edu and ca.gov seem like good sources. But generally, when someone says something is against the law, it probably is?

Lastly, I didn't ask for your opinion. But its a free country... You are entitle to have your opinion.
You kinda did?

So I will ask you again to cite the regulation you are referring to, or this discussion is over.
I repeatedly have pointed out it touches criminal law in California, where the offer was made. So no, it wouldn't be a 'class action' led by some private person bringing a fraud case.

Why do people seem to think it's okay for companies to defraud like that?

-Crissa