Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 09 C300 4matic, 98 Chevy 1500
Occupation
Automotive Industry Muth Mirror Systems
Country flag
are we still going to be charged the 1000 delivery fee?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
No? Why would it? You wouldn't spend any more time charging, really.

-Crissa
i just checked it out on tesla charging map.

if single motor is equivalent to model 3 standard range

about 11 stops at 60mins per stop. 555minutes total.... standard range model 3 @260miles range
vs
8 stops at 20-30 mins and 4 at 40-60 minutes 390minutes long range+model s @400 miles range

so yea not too much different. but now that I look at the route, its looks very boring

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yea, bigger battery just means waiting longer per charge.

You don't have to follow the shortest route. Plan in some hotels and restaurants with Tesla Destination chargers for your touristy stops and have fun.

are we still going to be charged the 1000 delivery fee?
Probably. Most of the cost covers the paperwork and readying the truck from storage to being ready for you. That labor doesn't change.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
would a roadtrip in the single motor be lame?
Never owned an EV but I have done a ton of road trips with ICE. It is very rare that I go over 200 miles without at least a 30 minute stop. The only downside of EV for road trips for me would be the lack of options on where I spend that 30+ minutes. I hear if you want to minimize your charge time, you want to let it go fairly low when it is safe and charge up to 80% (keeping your charge speed fast but don’t top off with more frequent stops). Of course if you are low at a supercharger and it is out of business, you are out of luck.

Frankly, I am really wondering for long trips would I take CT or my wife’s ICE. Maybe folks that have one EV and one ICE can share what they take for road trips?

Deleted member 5322

i just checked it out on tesla charging map.

if single motor is equivalent to model 3 standard range

about 11 stops at 60mins per stop. 555minutes total.... standard range model 3 @260miles range
vs
8 stops at 20-30 mins and 4 at 40-60 minutes 390minutes long range+model s @400 miles range

so yea not too much different. but now that I look at the route, its looks very boring
3 hours difference....

Steven

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y DMLR
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Country flag
I'm an hour away and definitely plan to take the family there, perhaps by train for fun and then drive the CT back!
I have a brother in Allen Texas so that may be close enough for a visit.

I think I would like the Giga Texas tour and pick up option for my Cybertruck too :)

Deleted member 5322

If Tesla offers a factory tour and a hotel for at least one night - I am ready to pay $1200 for it. Just wanna show my kids how tough things are built!

Deleted member 5322

yea but thats over a 2 or 3 day trip
Yeah, that is why i want to save these 3 hours!
I ordered tri-motor for myself for a reason. I travel a lot, around 40k miles/year. It will save more than a week of charging time during a year. And also it will be ‘gas’ saving for me to charge it at home as much as i can. My average day trip is about 200-250 miles. Do not think even dual motor will hold it with a real world range apx 280 mi, if i wanna use the battery between 20%-80%

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, that is why i want to save these 3 hours!
But in the end, you won't.

The single or dual might be able to charge overnight. The tri won't.

The difference is artificial. If you have the single or dual, you'll aim for those faster chargers instead of skipping them in the path. You'll grab a few ks when eat, if you need to make a longer hop. And more V3 chargers will be released by the time you have the truck. So it will be rare that the longer range truck will get to optimize the charging over the other truck.

And without that difference between v2 and v3 chargers, the trucks charge the same. The tri doesn't charge faster, for the most part, just longer.

-Crissa

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
Wife and I will Fly or drive to pick up CT

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Never owned an EV but I have done a ton of road trips with ICE. It is very rare that I go over 200 miles without at least a 30 minute stop. The only downside of EV for road trips for me would be the lack of options on where I spend that 30+ minutes. I hear if you want to minimize your charge time, you want to let it go fairly low when it is safe and charge up to 80% (keeping your charge speed fast but don’t top off with more frequent stops). Of course if you are low at a supercharger and it is out of business, you are out of luck.

Frankly, I am really wondering for long trips would I take CT or my wife’s ICE. Maybe folks that have one EV and one ICE can share what they take for road trips?
We always take the EV (Model 3 LR Dual). It’s more fun, and we do pass a lot of superchargers too. You can choose which ones you stop at. Plus it’s not uncommon that we only stop for 10 mins for a stretch and short fast charge either. As has been said, destination chargers or other charging options at sights can be chosen when bored of all superchargers locations. Abetterrouteplanner is awesome for the shortest most efficient charging stops on a long route.
Sponsored