GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Yep wait, you can get a used M3 for $20k with the $4k tax credit, or a MY for $30k, the CT will always be there. BLUF: these two vehicles were $60k to $80k when demand was high, so prices do drop in time. LOL!

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg
Why would anyone buy a used, 3-yr old Y with 55k miles for $31k when you can get a new one for $37k?
Sponsored

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I reserved my truck right after it was announced years ago. Every deposit anniversary, I celebrated, eagerly awaiting the day I could configure it. In early February, that day finally arrived, and I was beyond ecstatic as most of us were. As weeks passed after confirming my configuration, I remained patient, understanding that this was a new platform with inevitable hiccups. However, my excitement dwindled as I learned more about build quality issues and production delays. This morning, I called Tesla to cancel my order altogether, as my delivery appointment in Seattle came-and-went, but they said they would rather put it on hold instead. Look, I don't judge those who bought-in early, AND I thought I was going to be one of those early adopters. I had the money saved and room in my garage for the new edition, but something just told me to wait. I know a lot of us are in the same boat, between getting the VIN and awaiting delivery. I absolutely love the design but I'm going to wait until later this year after the kinks are worked out with manufacturing.

If there's one takeaway from Cybertruck, it's that other auto manufactures must learn how to innovate better and listen to their customers. Hats-off to Tesla for bringing this truck to market, I'll sit on the sidelines and jump in when I'm ready.

CT.jpg
If you pass on Foundation Series, you (likely) aren't getting another chance to buy this year. Still over one million+ more reservation holders to go through

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
What are you talking about? Kinks in manufacturing? Please explain. I'm not aware of any significant build quality problems. I have an early build CT and have just one issue which will be corrected in due course. Delay your purchase if you want, but don't make up reasons that are questionable at best.

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved the first weeks, R113. Now I'm 81. I'll be dead before they produce enough. I hope my grand kids get the reservation??
At a thousand a week? Millions on order. U do the math. Elon needs to get out of politics. Go to assembly line. Put on 24/7 shifts, or more will just give up. My 2013 died, bought 2017 in hopes of CT before I die. Stock is junk now.

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved my truck right after it was announced years ago. Every deposit anniversary, I celebrated, eagerly awaiting the day I could configure it. In early February, that day finally arrived, and I was beyond ecstatic as most of us were. As weeks passed after confirming my configuration, I remained patient, understanding that this was a new platform with inevitable hiccups. However, my excitement dwindled as I learned more about build quality issues and production delays. This morning, I called Tesla to cancel my order altogether, as my delivery appointment in Seattle came-and-went, but they said they would rather put it on hold instead. Look, I don't judge those who bought-in early, AND I thought I was going to be one of those early adopters. I had the money saved and room in my garage for the new edition, but something just told me to wait. I know a lot of us are in the same boat, between getting the VIN and awaiting delivery. I absolutely love the design but I'm going to wait until later this year after the kinks are worked out with manufacturing.

If there's one takeaway from Cybertruck, it's that other auto manufactures must learn how to innovate better and listen to their customers. Hats-off to Tesla for bringing this truck to market, I'll sit on the sidelines and jump in when I'm ready.

CT.jpg
So the max hold is just short of 60 days?

That's not allot of time. I'm also I'm the same boat as I see more and more reviews with owners having serious issues such as not accepting a charge, electrical issues.

Im not worried about any recalls, I expect them as they affect all the issues will be fixed and continued to improve. Im mostly worried about the 1 offs randoms as it seams hit or miss to get a well built CT or a lemon. Owners are either saying they have no issue or they are reporting owners endless
issues causing the CT to spend most of its time in the shop.

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
So the max hold is just short of 60 days?

That's not allot of time. I'm also I'm the same boat as I see more and more reviews with owners having serious issues such as not accepting a charge, electrical issues.

Im not worried about any recalls, I expect them as they affect all the issues will be fixed and continued to improve. Im mostly worried about the 1 offs randoms as it seams hit or miss to get a well built CT or a lemon. Owners are either saying they have no issue or they are reporting owners endless
issues causing the CT to spend most of its time in the shop.
I haven’t seen these reports of endless issues. What I have seen are media endlessly repeating false stores. Like the guy who claimed he mysteriously lost control and hit a power pole. No verification and he stopped posting. That crap story was picked up as truth by the Daily Mail. Most of these newspapers who gloat over nonsense (such as the accelerator pedal rivet) receive lots of ad revenue from legacy manufacturers, so distrust them all.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I haven’t seen these reports of endless issues. What I have seen are media endlessly repeating false stores. Like the guy who claimed he mysteriously lost control and hit a power pole. No verification and he stopped posting.
He posted again today. It's a human reaction not to want to be responsible when you mess up, accidentally or not.

-Crissa

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven’t seen these reports of endless issues. What I have seen are media endlessly repeating false stores. Like the guy who claimed he mysteriously lost control and hit a power pole. No verification and he stopped posting. That crap story was picked up as truth by the Daily Mail. Most of these newspapers who gloat over nonsense (such as the accelerator pedal rivet) receive lots of ad revenue from legacy manufacturers, so distrust them all.
Their are actually many youtuber that are real owners, reporting real issues they are having. Of course media outlets also see it and they will repost making things sound like end of the world. Even many owner in this fourm are on the news to include the guy who just sliced his leg open on the door. His pictures and comments are all over news already.

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Here is 1 of many real users reporting real serious issues after picking up his CT just 3 weeks ago. This does not sound like a hater I trust him as a real honest owner, it's not a fake news outlet.

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
I just searched YouTube Cybertruck Problems; what a bunch of hysterical nonsense. Page after page about accelerator recall. The first post was some guy bitching about non issues - with a warning “paid promotion” - all of these sites are full of ads and are generally created by wannabe influencers.
Facebook is even worse. I had to remove myself from every fb group having to do with CT. If it wasn’t some idiot claiming to be Elon then it was some idiot using his likeness to promote an unrelated energy scam.

Even this forum has members who clearly don’t have or won’t have a CT and generally provide no value to readers.

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag

Here is 1 of many real users reporting real serious issues after picking up his CT just 3 weeks ago. This does not sound like a hater I trust him as a real honest owner, it's not a fake news outlet.
Perfect example. We don’t know what the issues were or whether it was really this guys truck in the service bay. Could be a db who spotted a ct and decided to post for likes.

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Smart move. It's hard to believe that so many people who can afford this vehicle lack some basic objectivity to make the same decision. I opted out and went with a Lightning Lariat instead. They had me at "spare tire" :)...but the hook was set when I pocketed the $45k difference and enjoyed the luxuries of space, a paint job, a sunroof, no gawking at my truck, a legit frunk, and the same range with access to Tesla superchargers.

Don't let this forum mask your objectivity - it's your bank account and the vehicle will live in your garage. My sense is that living with a FS CT will be a painful experience for most - just a matter of when they realize it.

X-Press-O

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Perfect example. We don’t know what the issues were or whether it was really this guys truck in the service bay. Could be a db who spotted a ct and decided to post for likes.
Being that the big logo graphic on the back of the guys CT is the same as his YT handle I think it's safe to say he is the actual owner reporting actual real problems. đź‘Ť
Sponsored