CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
It just came to me that with all of these leaked or spy videos of the Cybertruck going through testing lately whether it be in the Bay area, Texas, or Winter testing in NZ that we haven't seen a single video of the CT towing anything yet.

I'm not saying that Tesla hasn't tested the CT towing because they obviously have had to with this close to deliveries but it's odd that no one has caught one on video yet. Hopefully, we catch one towing soon. I can't wait to see this beast autonomously back up to a trailer and hook up.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Generally Tesla does that sort of testing on a closed course, which is why we don't tend to see it until they reveal it later. You'll notice the best shorts we have of the winter testing is from very far away and mostly the trucks coming and going from the garage, not the actual courses.

Lastly, towing is mostly either an endurance or software issue. Tesla tends to put software features as a last item. And they have never had problems with endurance.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
“Leaks” occur after internal testing is complete

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why was this thread closed? It shows in the list, but I can't open it
I also opened a thread asking this question last night and it appears to no longer be here... Conspiracy afoot?
Sponsored