Why in the dark

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
If it makes you feel better, the Ford forum had the same complaints up until the last week or two .

I'm still in the dark on when my Blue Cruise (Ford self-driving) will be activated since the 3Q came and went without the over-the-air update that was promised.

While it is frustrating to consumers, there is little to no benefit to Tesla, Ford, whoever to always have fully transparent communications on the status of a new product. In fact, if they put things in writing and miss dates that just gives fodder for bad press.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Any information Tesla shares would always be assumed as a promise to be delivered. No news controls noise and reduces fodder for haters. I expect some substantial news end of 2nd quarter next year. Based on gut, not in the know.
I’m not sure about that.

Seems to me misinformation thrives in the dark.

Tesla pulls down pricing and specs? Now everyone is convinced prices are going up by $10k-20k. Not just here, but Reddit other forums too. I’ve also seen in several places the CT1 is cancelled and that the CT3 won’t have 500 miles of range anymore. FSD pricing is cancelled, not just the $6000/ 7000 early pricing, but lots of people think it’s not attached to their account at all.

In this case, they didn’t just not say something, they actually removed information that was out there. It’s very confusing, particularly on top of the recent silent treatment on delays.

I’ve just come to accept that Tesla sucks at this part of the process, but lots of people aren’t as patient and are accepting or making up their own truth.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Crissa, I'm Not dumping on Tesla, but they suck at saying anything Until your an actual customer . Why I used my waiting forever For starlink. No way to contact Them for any status or info and it shows here as well. Will the person who placed the 1st CT order Please Stand up and let us know what they've gotten since they placed that order?
I contacted Tesla for you. They said it’s not ready yet.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There's no perfect message, though.

So people should really stop expecting there to be.

-Crissa
“We are keeping Cybertruck prices the same for existing buyers” or “Cybertruck reservation holders should expect a 10-15% price increase at time of order” would be a really nice message. Though if the latter I suppose they would want to pair that with any changes in specs.

I don’t think anyone expects a perfect message.

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There's no perfect message, though.

So people should really stop expecting there to be.

-Crissa
I don’t think it’s about crafting some special message, it’s more about keeping your customers in the loop. But Tesla doesn’t have a great reputation when it comes to costumer service so I’m not too surprised by not getting updated at all. But it would be nice. Ford is way more communicative. For all we know 200k reservations holders could’ve backed out by now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Honestly I think just taking down the link for new orders and preventing people from changing their orders would have also been a better message until they can release a more clear message.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
“We are keeping Cybertruck prices the same for existing buyers” or “Cybertruck reservation holders should expect a 10-15% price increase at time of order” would be a really nice message. Though if the latter I suppose they would want to pair that with any changes in specs.
The first statement would be met with, 'So you're raising the price for everyone else?' or 'I'm going to sue you because the white-interior model is a $2k option!'. The second would be met with furor; which would result in more people calling and asking questions and panicking and creating FUD. And all those phone calls cost money!

For all we know 200k reservations holders could’ve backed out by now.
Where would they back to? To what end? Most won't have seen the news, because no news is no news and so the news media didn't echo it.

Why do all that when they can just not issue a statement and not have someone call them? Especially since it's still months away and they just don't know yet. It's all downside right now.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The first 2 years weren’t too painful. Just gotten frustrating lately when they added another ~12 months to the wait.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Sorry, thought was about the people who want to purchase a product. some who have waited over a year and half. at what point is it about the customer and not the company?
saying nothing is wrong. some reassurance or something. I believe everyone here has a vested interest in wanting to get a CT. all I'm asking for is something other than an email with a confirmation number and a ticket to get to the counter that circles a few blocks. some kind of status or update or why changes like the order page. there shouldn't be a forum where everyone throws a dart at the board to see how close they might be to guessing they are right
if you didn't expect to wait as long as you have, and a bit longer, your expectations weren't realistic, so don't be upset. the CT is being developed from the ground up and that isn't fast.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I’m not sure about that.

Seems to me misinformation thrives in the dark.

Tesla pulls down pricing and specs? Now everyone is convinced prices are going up by $10k-20k. Not just here, but Reddit other forums too. I’ve also seen in several places the CT1 is cancelled and that the CT3 won’t have 500 miles of range anymore. FSD pricing is cancelled, not just the $6000/ 7000 early pricing, but lots of people think it’s not attached to their account at all.

In this case, they didn’t just not say something, they actually removed information that was out there. It’s very confusing, particularly on top of the recent silent treatment on delays.

I’ve just come to accept that Tesla sucks at this part of the process, but lots of people aren’t as patient and are accepting or making up their own truth.
so much of that drivel is fed by FUDsters. ignore it. Tesla doesn't produce a vehicle less than the reveal version.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
They're literally building a factory from bare dirt and incorporating brand new self designed battery tech, and a new truck design from scratch. They subsidized an entire freaking steel mill to make the unique alloy that will also be used to build spacecraft along with the CT.

They asked for a fully refundable, no questions asked reservation fee that you can take back at ANY time.

If this cake is taking too long to bake nobody is stopping you from either leaving your measley $100 until whenever, or canceling, getting a refund and buying any other truck that's available and fits your needs.

I played with the idea of getting a TRX, but you know what? How about the radical idea of holding what you've got and waiting to see what the dude cooks up? $100 bucks. Geez... You'd think people dropped the full price. No one has a truck on the market yet. Don't let the handful of R1Ts fool you. Ford doesn't have anything to show either. By the end of the first year of CT production I bet Tesla will have triple the number of trucks in customers hands than Rivian and Ford's running total to date--combined.

Just wait, or take your $100 and go. But to get wound up is just pointless stress you don't need.

Last edited:

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You're not alone......read the last sentence of this article.

Tesla's Latest Cybertruck Decision Is Downright Strange
YESTERDAYBY JAY TRAUGOTT

Then again, it's Tesla being Tesla.

It's definitely set to begin production in 2022. Probably. The Tesla Cybertruck was revealed nearly two years ago in concept form. Despite accepting thousands of reservations and taking those customers' money, Tesla has yet to unveil the production-spec version. Set to be built at a new Gigafactory in Austin, Texas, the Cybertruck isn't the most conventional-looking truck out there, but it'll still gather plenty of attention wherever owners go.

And speaking of those owners, Tesla has just done something that makes it literally impossible for prospective customers to place an order: it removed the pricing and specs from the official website late last week.
Tesla Cybertruck Why in the dark 907244

Prior to this, the website listed the EV truck's three trims: a rear-wheel-drive base version for $39,990, and all-wheel-drive spec for $49,990, or the tri-motor for $69,990. Additional information included a 500-mile+ range and a 0-60 mph time of less than 2.9 seconds for the top tri-motor trim only. A majority of that is gone now. Why? The answer is not easy to obtain.

Under normal circumstances, we'd reach out to the automaker for answers. Tesla, however, no longer has a PR department. Well, it kind of does. CEO Elon Musk has taken it upon himself to serve as spokesperson on Twitter from time to time. So far, he's said nothing about this matter.

Okay, so what could this all mean? We're purely speculating here but it sounds like Tesla is finalizing the production-ready truck's details and specs. The data that's been removed may no longer apply. This could mean there will be a pricing change, something Tesla is known to do on a regular basis with its other vehicles. The Model 3 and Model Y have both seen their respective prices increase every few months over the past year or so.

The bottom line: a sub-$40k Cybertruck may not happen. Bear in mind the least expensive Model 3 currently has a $42,000 price tag. It's hard to see the base Cybertruck costing less than the base Model 3. Hopefully, Tesla will provide more details shortly. Until then, everyone is being left in the dark.

https://carbuzz.com/news/teslas-latest-cybertruck-decision-isOkay, so what could this all mean? We're purely speculating here but it sounds like Tesla is finalizing the production-ready truck's details and specs. The data that's been removed may no longer apply. This could mean there will be a pricing change, something Tesla is known to do on a regular basis with its other vehicles. The Model 3 and Model Y have both seen their respective prices increase every few months over the past year or so. The bottom line: a sub-$40k Cybertruck may not happen. Bear in mind the least expensive Model 3 currently has a $42,000 price tag. It's hard to see the base Cybertruck costing less than the base Model 3. Hopefully, Tesla will provide more details shortly. Until then, everyone is being left in the dark.-downright-strange
Sponsored