Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
And THIS is exactly why my wife (and everyone else in my family) doesn't know I'm on the list. It will just show up in the driveway some day in the FAR future.

Not by the time I get mine. Every other vehicle on the road will be a CT. I'm WAY down on the list. :(
My only hope is that my tri-motor will get pushed more towards the front of the line.
You might wanna get yourself a DeLorean and time travel to the 'FAR Future'.
Returning with 'your' Tesla certified 'Back To The Future' CT

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Haha I was that kid when it was unveiled… “No way, that can’t be real, he’s about to bring out the real one” Then I ordered it 😁
I was a BIG kid in the first minute of the unveiling....l knew l had to have it when the CT rolled on up the ramp! Thought about how l'd get the wife on-side with this 'Thing'
Threw all sensible thought to the wind and ordered it.....any way l looked at it, life without one would BORING.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I think she was cut off too early by the kid. I think what she was TRYING to say was; "There is NO WAY that you are missing out on an opportunity to get something that will make you that happy. But if you choose to get one, I'm relieved from doing that thing I do for you on your birthday."
That's what I heard, f'sho.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did I enter the Twilight Zone?

I'm going back to the Forum :D

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Haha I was that kid when it was unveiled… “No way, that can’t be real, he’s about to bring out the real one” Then I ordered it 😁
I had a similar experience.

My jaw dropped when it rolled out on stage and I saw it for the first time. I thought the same as you, "No way is that real". Based on how large and simplistic it looked, I thought Elon was playing a mean trick on us and at any second he was going to yank on a rip cord, causing all of those flat panels to fall away to the ground, and reveal the actual Cybertruck underneath. But he just kept grinning and telling us more about it.

As I learned about the design concept, and started to understand it, it gradually started to make sense. I can't say there were any "aha" moments, it was a gradual process. It went from ugly to beautiful in about 30 minutes, to the point that I had to order one. Since then, it has been slimmed down, the shoulder has been leveled and I think it looks better than ever.

CyberFitch

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 model 70D & 2018 F-150 LTD
Occupation
Student housing
Country flag
I really dislike it when some people pretend like everyone is as pussy-whipped as they are, that every relationship is as unbalanced as the one they are in, that nobody has a wife that trusts and respects their decisions enough to let them make the decision as to what they drive.

I find it shocking that so many men are subservient to their wives preferences. A relationship between responsible adults should allow and accomodate each partners wants and needs, not be a dictatorship, unless one partner is so irresponsible that it's just better that way. If so, I wouldn't be bragging about it, or pretending that it's normal.
I bought my 911 when she was on a trip to Germany just to piss her off. In the spirit of you going to Germany without me, I went to the dealership and bought a German car. How do you like them apples!!

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Just to clarify and get this guy his ‘nads back on the forum…

It’s the kid that keeps saying “no way”. She says “We;re not getting one of those” and he replies; “I am!” And she doesn’t counter him….

Gilbertus

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TY, Ford Expedition, SLS Amg, CT order 12.19
Occupation
Independent
Country flag
This exact coversation happened between my wife and I on reveal day 2019 only by then it was already a yes so she only got to comment on how ugly she thought it was. 🤣 Fast forward almost 5 years and she still thinks it’s ugly but now says get whichever one I want!
For my other half, her opinion is the same even after 3 years: I will never drive with you in THAT. But then again she drove with me, a little embarrassed, with our Dodge Ram Rt once through the crowd in Carcassonne in France, crowded like 4th of Juli on main street somewhere, another time through the pedestrian zone in old Annecy. 😂😂 And as she shares with me E-foiling, Mountainbiking ... she will have no other choice.

LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
I bought my 911 when she was on a trip to Germany just to piss her off. In the spirit of you going to Germany without me, I went to the dealership and bought a German car. How do you like them apples!!
relationships.... you'd think someone has a normal family .. like in the movies or smtg... and then reality hits... most fams are not what they seem to be... what unites us is we want the CT one way or another... their others' opinions are just that: opinions.

stay on CT!

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I was told to get a reservation after talking about it almost every day from the reveal until the end of March, beginning of April 2021.

Just be dedicated. ;)
So, if only half convert to sales, I should be getting mine come end of 2025 or beginning of 2026?
🤞
Sponsored