Will RWS be standard or optional?

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Lots of vehicles are longer, wider, taller than the CT without rear steering and they get around fine. Rear steering as standard would be a bonus but almost everyone here reserved the truck before rear steering was a thought so I wouldn’t say it‘s too big to maneuver without it.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Elon Musk said the CT would have AWS. That, to me, means it’s standard. By the way, Tesla doesn’t really do options like other auto makers. They have a few trims and all the main features are the same across trims. Ok, you have a couple options on wheels and colors. My guess is standard. It also makes sense based on the long wheelbase. It may be very difficult to maneuver in parking lots, structures, garages, and narrow streets and alleys otherwise.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I want to convert mine to dually so it can carry a bigger truck camper. Someone opined a RWS won't make this conversion possible. I don't know.
Never seen an independent rear suspension Dually. I would guess a conversion will cost about as much as the truck itself. Unless you have mad fabrication skills and the mechanical and electrical know how. Maybe reinforcing the original suspension and going with a super single might be slightly more attainable...

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Never seen an independent rear suspension Dually. I would guess a conversion will cost about as much as the truck itself. Unless you have mad fabrication skills and the mechanical and electrical know how. Maybe reinforcing the original suspension and going with a super single might be slightly more attainable...
Yup, a friend pointed out those super wide tires of some semis that appears to be a substitute to double (dual) tires. Indeed, suspension must be modified to carry more weight.

Thanks for reinforcing that idea.
Sponsored