Will the Cybertruck be allowed to drive in Europe?

Niels W

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.5T + Renault Clio + Renault Zoe (leasing)
Country flag
Hi Niels,
Nice to know I am not alone in DK with an ordered CT. I guess It will come to EU as soon as possible - I was guessing by 2022. I think it is doable. Will see :)
Hi Laurent
As I can see from the exel sheet, where you can see your place in the line, there should be around 1800 orders in DK. Just hope we will get it before our gonverment put more taxes on!
Sponsored

D8Rider

First Name
D8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3, CBTRK Reservation
Country flag
Hello @Niels W - How can you see how many CBTRK were ordered in your country?
I ordered my fall of 2019 in Czech Republic, not sure how many ordered here but I guess not too many - would be curious to check that out

Cheers
D8

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That article is click bait.
Totally, though the pedestrian safety regulation and test is real. But most trucks fail it already.

Honda specifically tests against pedestrians (as an example), and there are rumblings that the EU will increase their requirements, but it's just one test now not a requirement.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hi all,
I live in Denmark and I have make a CT reservation the 24th of november 2019 (tri motor awd with FSD). We are a family of 4 and have a 3 years and 1 year old kids. We own a Tesla Model 3 AWD already and we are really happy with it. Our intention with the CT is to travel far and get some adventure :) We are especially looking forward to the solar roof on the truck, sleeping possibilities, be able to cook and eventually which trailer we could use to travel.

My main concern though is if the CT will be allowed to drive on European road, what do you think?

Best regards,
Laurent
My question is, how will you get your wonderful Cybertruck since the isn’t a CT factory in Europe ? Just an interesting quandary of logistics and what others’ plans are to get their baby to their far away homes.

Raiden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have contact Tesla in Germany and get this answer:

"Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage. Bisher habe ich nichts gegenteiliges davon gehört das der Cybertruck nach Europa kommen soll. Ansonsten wäre die Vorbestellung auf der Website nicht möglich.
Vor Auslieferung ist das die typische Umgehensweise mit den Produkten, dass wenig Kommunikation um das Fahrzeug herum erzeugt wir. Und da gibt es auch keine Änderung beim Cybertruck. Sobald das Fahrzeug offiziell verfügbar wird, werden auch mehr Informationen über den Truck veröffentlicht.
Der Plan ist die Produktion gegen Ende 2021 zu starten und vermutlich werden wir dann auch mehr wissen, wann genau das Fahrzeug in Europa zur Verfügung stehen wird.
Sollten Sie noch weitere Fragen haben, melden Sie sich natürlich gerne wieder bei uns!
Mit elektrischen Grüßen"

Google translate :

"Thank you for your request. So far I have not heard anything to the contrary that the cyber truck should come to Europe. Otherwise it would not be possible to pre-order on the website.
Before delivery, this is the typical way of dealing with the products, that little communication is created around the vehicle. And there is no change in the cyber truck either. As soon as the vehicle becomes officially available, more information about the truck will also be published.
The plan is to start production towards the end of 2021 and we will probably also know more when the vehicle will be available in Europe.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

With electrical greetings"

I m sure Tesla have think about it and there are many solution how to make Cybertruck legaly on EU streets. Its depend only on Tesla if they wonna do extra work or not.

I m sorry for bad English, but i hope i could help someone with this Information.
Have a nice one...

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My question is, how will you get your wonderful Cybertruck since the isn’t a CT factory in Europe ? Just an interesting quandary of logistics and what others’ plans are to get their baby to their far away homes.
They put them on a boat which you can track. Then pick it up at your nearest showroom about 3 weeks later.

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey guys, have you seen that Elon Musk said that Smaller Size Tesla CyberTruck For European Market ‘Highly Likely’? Does that mean that the current size version won´t be availbable in Europe???
See here:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hey guys, have you seen that Elon Musk said that Smaller Size Tesla CyberTruck For European Market ‘Highly Likely’? Does that mean that the current size version won´t be availbable in Europe???
See here:
I have been wondering about this since the beginning. Even started a thread about it a while back. How are those who bought one overseas going to get it? We they going to come here to buy and then ship it or would Tesla take those orders and do the shipping in batches? Seems this is all unanswered.

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
See here:
It’s looking unlikely. My thinking he doesn’t want to modify the looks/design, to comply with European requirements especially crash testing so only going to offer to North America. In time, offer a modified version, smaller as well.
But who knows when that will be...

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
I'm slightly losing faith that we'll get the US version as publicised over here. I went back on to the Cybertruck UK web page yesterday and saw a disclaimer at the bottom I had never noticed before:

"*All configurations are US specification only. Global specifications will be developed at a later date based on demand."

I could see the global specification being the mini one and I don't want that at all...

You may still be able to do a personal import of USA version subject to the rules at the time, but it'll be a pain and the charging plug is different!

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A) Tesla won't sell you a truck you can't take delivery of.
B) Don't worry about homologation until it happens.
C) The comments about a smaller truck are just that, comments. They have to be successful with one product before moving onto another.

And yeah, I want a smaller truck. But they don't even have a factory, let alone a successful product yet.

-Crissa

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
A) Tesla won't sell you a truck you can't take delivery of.
B) Don't worry about homologation until it happens.
C) The comments about a smaller truck are just that, comments. They have to be successful with one product before moving onto another.

And yeah, I want a smaller truck. But they don't even have a factory, let alone a successful product yet.

-Crissa
Considering the chances of surviving being hit by the current designed cybertruck are slim to none, the NCAP regulations are going to require significant design changes. If Tesla are not going to bother for the short to medium term then homologation is going to one big obstacle that all Europeans do worry about.

Last time I looked Santa Cruz was no where near Europe so any reason for your keen interest...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Considering the chances...
...Since you can buy an Escalade or Ford F-150 in the EU I don't buy this argument.

Santa Cruz has very narrow mountain roads. The Bay Area is surrounded by mountains with very old roads. Like, older than the state. Of course I want a smaller truck. The road I live on has spots where my motorcycle can't pass another car, let alone two trucks passing.

-Crissa
Sponsored