Will the Cybertruck be allowed to drive in Europe?

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Nowhere did I assert that the EU was banning anything.

-Crissa
Crissa : "GM's size seems less likely to produce the agility to shift the Hummer if the EU is barring big trucks." !!!!!!!!!!!! (post 118 from this topic :ROFLMAO:)

Crissa : You on the other hand, have asserted multiple times that the Cybertruck can't pass some specific regulation and yet never actually point out which regulation it's failing

Geo : Forgive me, Yes, I have repeated some idiot random guy's (or girl's) unfounded opinion :ROFLMAO:

Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,

Cos if you try to design a car to meet the Global spec . . . the super set of global requirements, it basically . . .

YOU CANT MAKE THE CYBERTRUCK, ITS IMPOSSIBLE . So it really is designed for the American market. . .

And then I think for . . . weā€™ll probably make an international version of Cybertruck, kind of smaller,

like a tighter Wolverine Package.

Itā€™ll still be cooler, but itā€™ll be smaller cos you just canā€™t make a giant truck like that for most markets, so yep its gonna be great. "

Hereā€™s what ELON said specifically. From Q & A of the presentation at Battery Day 22/9/2020.

Someone help Crissa take Elon hostage and demand to know exactly why "its impossible" for the Cybertruck to pass the Euro regulations, (and associated markets) and Phuken either make him do his homework again . . . . . or put a gun to Elon's head, to put a gun to the Euro regulators head, and write a ransom note threatening, that if they don't allow the Original Cybertruck to be homologated for sale in the general market there, ( a little verbose I know, you use your own words),
he will aim the next Falcon 9 Heavy launch into the Euro Presidents chocolate starfish.

To get Elon to man up, to stop working on the Wolverine Cybertruck, cos Crissa doesn't want any alternative Cybertruck to be sold to anyone who even may prefer it, to the Original one.

"Impossible" is a state of mind, and Elon should know that better than anyone.

P.S. Psst Psst, I also confess, I have not read all the Euro Regulations on vehicles, I have not had access to and carefully considered the design blueprints of the Cybertruck, or the truck itself, and do not know how exactly it is put together, or where it fails or succeeds in meeting any Euro Regulation. But perhaps you have
Crissa !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Crissa : "GM's size seems less likely to produce the agility to shift the Hummer if the EU is barring big trucks." !!!!!!!!!!!! (post 118 from this topic :ROFLMAO:)
Notes for future reference: You are not fluent in English and do not care to be honest.

That sentence has two dependent clauses, 'seems' and 'if'. 'Seems' marks an opinion, 'if' is a conditional statement. It has no connotation that the condition is true outside the sentence.

Please look up how to diagram subordinate clauses. Lots of youtube videos on conditional statements.

Your dishonesty is really aggravating, Geo. The Venn diagram for 'global' includes all places. We know some places don't allow full-sized trucks. They would be part of global. Global also includes all the places that do allow full-sized trucks. Just because a place is in 'Global' or 'Europe' does not inform one if full-sized trucks are allowed or not. Because those groups includes places where they are, and they aren't.

I would expect if an full-sized can be sold there, a Cybertruck will be able to. There is no Europe-wide rule that bans them, and you still haven't pointed to one. I do not know what the rules will look like in three years, either.

-Crissa

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Notes for future reference: You are not fluent in English and do not care to be honest.

That sentence has two dependent clauses, 'seems' and 'if'. 'Seems' marks an opinion, 'if' is a conditional statement. It has no connotation that the condition is true outside the sentence.

Your dishonesty is really aggravating, Geo. The Venn diagram for 'global' includes all places. We know some places don't allow full-sized trucks. They would be part of global. Global also includes all the places that do allow full-sized trucks. Just because a place is in 'Global' or 'Europe' does not inform one if full-sized trucks are allowed or not. Because those groups includes places where they are, and they aren't.

I would expect if an full-sized can be sold there, a Cybertruck will be able to. There is no Europe-wide rule that bans them, and you still haven't pointed to one. I do not know what the rules will look like in three years, either.

-Crissa
Crissa : That sentence has two dependent clauses, 'seems' and 'if'. 'Seems' marks an opinion, 'if' is a conditional statement. It has no connotation that the condition is true outside the sentence.

Iā€™d suggest youā€™re the one being dishonest, and or having a very peculiar prejudice against the Wolverine Cybertruck.

First, your tiny little equivocation words of ā€œseems and ifā€ do not even slightly work to get you out of the ridiculous essence of the point you are making. Good luck to any reader that now accepts your point that because you used the words ā€œseemsā€™ā€ and ā€œifā€. You now believe the opposite of your point !

That the Cybertruck and the Hummer (2 ft shorter than the Cybertruck) are not ā€œbig Trucksā€ and that ā€œbig trucks are used, sold, homologated in places governed by EU regulations ! Wow, what a great revelation !

And thatā€™s without going into the Legal domain on how they deal with sentences that have legitimate ambiguity. You clearly stated something absurd, and clearly meant to. You have been mentioning size in respect to Euro Regulations over and over in your many many posts.

It is you who have been dishonest, I have only ever fully quoted Elon Muskā€™s words, and anything I said is based on his quotes.

It is you who has some peculiar prejudice to the World market Wolverine Cybertruck.

Which was openly confirmed by Elon all the way back from Nov. 2019 when he tweeted they were also working on a Cybertruck version that was ~ 73 inchā€™s wide ( personally I hope its a little wider, even up to 79.8 inch is doable) And every so often some new comment from Elon would reinforce it was coming.

All the way up to that podcast interview in August and to his Battery Day Q& A, when he couldnā€™t be any clearer. But still your prejudice wouldnā€™t allow you to accept the Wolverine Cybertruck is happening and why its happening, and where it is is happening.

But if you now want to remove any doubt of your weird psychological bent.

Just say the following sentences.

A/ The Original Cybertruck is made predominantly for the North American market.

B/ The Wolverine Cybertruck is coming.

C/ The Wolverine Cybertruck is a little smaller

D/ The Wolverine Cybertruck is predominately made to meet EU regulations and related markets.

E/ The Original Cybertruck does not meet EU regulations.

F/ The Wolverine Cybertruck will be safer, as the EU regā€™s contain greater safety criteria, like pedestrian safety, that American regā€™s do not. (This specific reason has not been mentioned by Elon, but has been universally acknowledged )

P.S. Another silly point you now reference is, you don't know what the rules will be in 3 years time.
In fact rules relating to Vehicles when they change, commence years into the future, to give manufactures time to react. So once again you have attempted to avoid reality to give false hope that the Original Cybertruck will be homologated and sold in a market that its clear it will not be allowed in today. YOUR DENIAL IS STARK AND OBVIOUS.

The Wolverine Cybertruck is being made to be sold where the Original Cybertruck will not, the places governed by the EU reg's and related markets like Australia and many many others.
Although some places like the U.S, I expect will get both versions.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
B/ The Wolverine Cybertruck is coming.
It hasn't been designed and most likely won't be until Cybertruck is in production.

D/ The Wolverine Cybertruck is predominately made to meet EU regulations and related markets.
False assertion to specify 'predominantly' or 'EU regulations'. Neither have been supported.

E/ The Original Cybertruck does not meet EU regulations.
It doesn't meet US regulations. You don't even know what regulations in the EU it fails.

F/ The Wolverine Cybertruck will be safer, as the EU regā€™s contain greater safety criteria, like pedestrian safety, that American regā€™s do not. (This specific reason has not been mentioned by Elon, but has been universally acknowledged )
The EU Teslas contain different, not greater safety than Tesla's US models.

And I would rather have the small-world truck than the large one. I live up a single track lane with several hundred other people, much unlike most of the US, our roads were made in the late 1800s to 1930. We can't expand them because of the terrain.

It is very annoying when you create category errors such as blanket saying the Cybertruck won't be sold anywhere in/near the EU, just because it's not allowed in some places in Europe. It is absolutely aggravating when you assert I said things I did not.

This entire time I have stated that we don't know what homologation will entail, and at no point have you pointed to a specific bar that would exclude Cybertruck anywhere other full-sized trucks are allowed.

-Crissa

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,

Cos if you try to design a car to meet the Global spec . . . the super set of global requirements, it basically . . .

YOU CANT MAKE THE CYBERTRUCK, ITS IMPOSSIBLE . So it really is designed for the American market. . .

And then I think for . . . weā€™ll probably make an international version of Cybertruck, kind of smaller,

like a tighter Wolverine Package.

Itā€™ll still be cooler, but itā€™ll be smaller cos you just canā€™t make a giant truck like that for most markets, so yep its gonna be great. "

Hereā€™s what ELON said specifically. From Q & A of the presentation at Battery Day 22/9/2020.

Crissa, your sure do like wallowing in that Egytion river, "Da Nile". :ROFLMAO:

Have you found anyone to help you kidnap Elon :ROFLMAO:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crissa, your sure do like wallowing in that Egytion river, "Da Nile".
...And you can't remain polite even while you continue to misquote Elon by making a category error.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/composition-division

Elon says you can't make a truck that passes every regulation everywhere (true) and then you misrepresent his statement to say that nowhere but the US will get the truck (he didn't say that).

Either way, it's two years until we find out. The Y doesn't get to Europe for another nine months and at least another six (but no date) for the UK. There are alot of orders in front of Cybertruck in the EU.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I and many others have pointed out, the Cybertruck doesn't meet NA spec yet, either. And if a place allows full-sized trucks (as some non-NA places do), they will probably get it, and Elon hasn't said otherwise. I have never made any statements to the contrary, but you have repeatedly lied about what I have said, Geo.

So stop turning speculation into declarations.

-Crissa

And what does this site do differently that makes the cursor jump and around and eat up the corrections that I make to my typing? It's really annoying to fix a spelling error multiple times.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
As I and many others have pointed out, the Cybertruck doesn't meet NA spec yet, either.

So stop turning speculation into declarations.

-Crissa
Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,"

Yeah Elon, "stop turning speculation into declaration," your "iffy" (questionable) Cybertruck hasn't met American Spec yet either.

And now you're already exciting people over a 2nd fictitious
"Wolverine Cybertruck". . . . . . . .

telling them ;

Elon: " It doesn't comply with the EU spec. But that's ok we can always build a smaller truck that does comply with EU . . . ",

I mean how stupid do you think some of us are . . .
( Crissa . . . . did I straighten him out for you. :ROFLMAO:)

"Stop turning speculation into declarations." . . . . . Elon

Give back everyones deposits, you "scammer". Before people like Crissa confuse you for Trevor Milton (allegedly)

You go Girl, you tell Elon he can't pull the wool over your eyes :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elon Musk : " We are designing the CT to meet the American Spec,"
Yes, the American spec, like the Escalade and Jeeps and other full-size trucks available in Europe. The few that make it there aren't popular, and they get terrible safety ratings, but they are designed for the US market, not the European one.

Do you always have to attempt a childish insult to defend your misquote?

How many times will you lie about what I or Elon said?

-Crissa

Tommi

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW 740e
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
I was hoping to get the full size CT to Finland, as I'm currently using a long version of Mercedes Sprinter and I don't really wanna go smaller than that. I don't see the size being an issue anywhere outside major cities. Well, time will tell how this turns out, but I'm guessing ill just order a new van in meanwhile and wait on news with the CT. :confused:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was hoping to get the full size CT to Finland, as I'm currently using a long version of Mercedes Sprinter and I don't really wanna go smaller than that. I don't see the size being an issue anywhere outside major cities. Well, time will tell how this turns out, but I'm guessing ill just order a new van in meanwhile and wait on news with the CT. :confused:
Any chance on taking possession in the USA then shipping it on your own?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Best of luck, Cyberbro...

Tommi

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW 740e
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
Any chance on taking possession in the USA then shipping it on your own?
It's a possibility but seeing as the cost of American cars in Europe is the biggest reason people do not have them here, this will most likely follow the same rule.

Basic Dodge Ram runs you around 100.000$ so why would anyone buy it?

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the uncertainty of what the hell is happening with our Reservations and if we are allowed to own the Cybertruck outside of the US of A, I thought I would try and get some answers, I have emailed Tesla, no reply yet, not holding my breath and I also emailed our government, well the Department for Transport.
This is the reply I received from them, I wasnā€™t really expecting to get a reply but I just had to ask.
Tony.
Vehicle safety standards after Brexit
DepartmentforTransport Great Minster House
33 HorseferryRoad London
SW1P 4DR
Tel: 0300 330 3000
Web Site: www.gov.uk/dft
Our Ref: 313533 Your Ref:
DATE 16 October 2020
Thank you for your email of 28 September about the future of vehicle approval in the UK after the end of the Transition Period, and the possibility of recognising US vehicle standards and allowing the proposed Tesla Cybertruck into the UK. Your email was passed to the International Vehicle Standards division as we are responsible for vehicle regulations.
The UK currently applies a type-approval process, whereby new vehicle models must be tested and approved by a type-approval authority, such as the Vehicle Certification Agency in the UK, before they can be first registered and sold.
The majority of vehicle standards applied in this scheme are agreed at international level through the United Nations Economic Commission for Europeā€™s (UNECE) 1958 Agreement. Under this agreement the UK and all other signatories must recognise each otherā€™s approvals where they have acceded to the same regulations.
The USA is not a signatory to the 1958 Agreement, however both it and the UK are signatories to the UNECEā€™s 1998 ā€˜Globalā€™ Agreement. This agreement commits all parties to work together to harmonise their standards and then amend their national law to give effect to these harmonised standards, known as Global Technical Regulations.
At the end of the transition period any existing EU specific vehicle safety and environmental regulations that currently apply in the UK will be retained.

Together with the regulations under the UNECE 1958 Agreement, they will become part of a new, independent British type-approval scheme. Once it is in place it will be for the government, subject to the approval of Parliament, to decide how we maintain our regulations.
Provided Teslaā€™s Cybertruck meets these regulations they can apply for approval to sell it in the UK. If Tesla choose not to obtain UK approval, and subject to the final specification of the Cybertruck, it might still be possible to import one and obtain an approval using the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme, provided the vehicle either meets, or is modified to meet the applicable standards in force at the time. Further detail on the scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval
Yours sincerely
Iā€™ve removed the gentlemanā€˜s name as I didnā€™t have his permission to use it.