Will the delivery slope of CT be better?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think 50,000 for the first 12 months is doable.
sounds right....but the first 50k people with reservations may only end up being 40k - 45k depending on price and options
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
CT production is currently limited to Austin, but Tesla's China factory may soon mass-produce a 100-kwh version of the Model S/X
I was referring to this comment:
Do we believe (I know we hope) that the CT ramp will be steeper than the Model Y? After all, they were making Model Ys in 2 factories and the CT will only be coming out of Austin. There is so much we don't know :-(
Model Y is produced at all 4 auto manufacturing facilities that Tesla has. Yes you are correct Tesla talks like CT will only be produced in Austin.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How do you know that? Any sources from Tesla? Or it is your best guess???
Probably wishful thinking. On the other hand, the Model S Plaid took only a year before being exported there. China is a big market, so even high end low demand models move enough demand to cover the costs of homologation quickly.

-Crissa

Deleted member 5322

Probably wishful thinking. On the other hand, the Model S Plaid took only a year before being exported there. China is a big market, so even high end low demand models move enough demand to cover the costs of homologation quickly.

-Crissa
I don’t think Tesla will start shipping CT around the globe before they flood down American’s market first. That is my part if speculation…

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don’t think Tesla will start shipping CT around the globe before they flood down American’s market first. That is my part if speculation…
I agree.

But if they do make a halo model, I would expect it to be exported sooner. Pave the way for other models to follow, and keep staff busy.

-Crissa

OP
OP
CYBER PARK

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
How do you know that? Any sources from Tesla? Or it is your best guess???
Cybertuck is likely to participate in China's Import Expo next year. The new Model X and S are participating in China's import Expo this year, and China has announced the preferential purchase tax for these two products. The import of the products to China in 2024 is planned, and the car users have been waiting patiently.

OP
OP
CYBER PARK

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Tesla as a global company headquartered in the United States, I think it is very reasonable to prioritize delivery in North America.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think 50,000 for the first 12 months is doable.
let's math - Austin did 20k MY in 150 days where 10k of that came in the last 40 days. so keeping in running that number: 30k to 190 days, 40k to 230 days, 50k to 270, 60k to 310 and finally 70k by 350 days.

and that's without increasing the rate of production which will happen. I'll guess a minimum of 100k CT in the first year.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Tesla as a global company headquartered in the United States, I think it is very reasonable to prioritize delivery in North America.
hmmmm.....3 billion Asians vs 500 million north Americans.... sending some CT over the pond might be good idea for visual advertising.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
CT will start in North A. first, it makes total sense.

But not all American orders will be fulfilled before Overseas shipping.

Just like the Model 3 and Y, there will be a trickle to raise the appetite and to keep the market across the world included.
Sponsored