drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I was wondering recently, since the CT has air suspension with an 8" range, would we need anything other than a simplified jack stand to change a tire?
Sponsored

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With the RFT (run flat tire) ... never need a jack because I had a flat on 95 near Miami... and run through Jensen Beach at 60 MPH... and the day after I went to the tire store...!!! You can run up to 300 miles with a flat... Unbelievable... but real.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I was wondering recently, since the CT has air suspension with an 8" range, would we need anything other than a simplified jack stand to change a tire?
While i get what you are saying, it will all depend on the center of gravity. I have to imagine it wont be balanced exactly at the mid point, so my guess would be that it may be possible at the lighter end of the vehicle or the other, but not both

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I was thinking more of, if the rear left tire is flat, raise the truck height to its max, put a stand under the left rear lift point, and lower the air suspension, I would think that it would raise the rear left wheel.

JackStand.jpg
With air suspensions i have dealt with in the past you can do this but you still have to put a jack under the control arm to get the tire of the ground. The suspensions does not vacuum up. Also my LR3 Would sense an "Obstruction" and air the suspension back up, sometimes into a higher position. Ultimately it was easier to just put the vehicle in the lowest setting, set it to "Jack Mode" and jack up the axle which needs the tire changed.

OP
OP

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
With air suspensions i have dealt with in the past you can do this but you still have to put a jack under the control arm to get the tire of the ground. The suspensions does not vacuum up. Also my LR3 Would sense an "Obstruction" and air the suspension back up, sometimes into a higher position. Ultimately it was easier to just put the vehicle in the lowest setting, set it to "Jack Mode" and jack up the axle which needs the tire changed.
OK, that's what I was wondering, never had a vehicle with air suspension.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
With the RFT (run flat tire) ... never need a jack because I had a flat on 95 near Miami... and run through Jensen Beach at 60 MPH... and the day after I went to the tire store...!!! You can run up to 300 miles with a flat... Unbelievable... but real.
If the tires stay as Goodyear MT/R Kevlars, they are not RunFlat. Not only did you not answer the question, but you gave an anecdote that doesn't pertain... why?

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mr. Elon Musk must put on CT the RFT...!!!

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Mr. Elon Musk must put on CT the RFT...!!!
Some people like to change the tire themselves. Maybe you don't and you can go ahead and buy some RFT. If you have 3 on order you can certainly afford to buy new tires when you receive the truck. I'd prefer a normal jack (or simply jack stand if possible) and the on-board compressor.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
Some people like to change the tire themselves. Maybe you don't and you can go ahead and buy some RFT. If you have 3 on order you can certainly afford to buy new tires when you receive the truck. I'd prefer a normal jack (or simply jack stand if possible) and the on-board compressor.
I have yet to find a suitable load range E off road tire that is runflat... I'm not sure why the hostility. I fully agree with you. There are some good replies here about how the air ride can be effectively used to minimize efforts and equipment needed.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So, M. or Ms. Keyhere, Yes I can afford anything... especially all RFT for all my CT... But, remember that our family participated to Juno Beach (Jume, 6th, 19444)... We became Millionnaire by all work during all those years... And I wish that M. Musk put the best for all his customer by putting RFT that could drive with 300 miles with a flat tire...!!!

David R Kirkpatrick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 P100S, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have yet to find a suitable load range E off road tire that is runflat... I'm not sure why the hostility. I fully agree with you. There are some good replies here about how the air ride can be effectively used to minimize efforts and equipment needed.
I’ve used RFT All Seasons for the last 6 years. They are great for peace of mind. Never had a flat! But there is a downside in reduced tread life and range.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
I’ve used RFT All Seasons for the last 6 years. They are great for peace of mind. Never had a flat! But there is a downside in reduced tread life and range.
Thanks David, what tire is load range E and off-road? I have never found one.
Sponsored