Will we need a jack...

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
So, M. or Ms. Keyhere, Yes I can afford anything... especially all RFT for all my CT... But, remember that our family participated to Juno Beach (Jume, 6th, 19444)... We became Millionnaire by all work during all those years... And I wish that M. Musk put the best for all his customer by putting RFT that could drive with 300 miles with a flat tire...!!!
My point was there is no load range E off-road tire that is also RFT. If there is, please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
RFT is not a good option for range they are heavey and with the higher weight will reduce range.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I have never needed a jack and certainly hope that remains the case but I do have one on board as well as a spare tire when cruising the dirt roads of rural Quebec.

David R Kirkpatrick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 P100S, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks David, what tire is load range E and off-road? I have never found one.
Not sure about load range and off road specs. I do know that RFT are often special order, even from commercial tire stores. Ask our guru Google-Ananda.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Most run flat tire manufacturers recommend replacing the tire if they get a puncture. That is not a good idea if you drive a truck around lots of construction sites. I see people on here saying they never get flats. That's nice for you. After working in construction for over 35 years I'd guess somewhere around 15 punctured tires easily, all repaired. I would NEVER want run-flat tires.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
RFT is on my sienna xel awd... since 2011 I changed 5 times that van... now, I have 2019... as on 95 hway, some debri could be on that road... last time was a piece of old antenna ... entering in the rear tire near Miami and I drove through Jensen Beach at 60 MPH...As we drive an average of 18,000 miles per year,, I do not want to have to change tire on hway... Also, we had Francis, Janna and Wilma hurricane with a lot of debris... at my age... I will get only RFT...

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
They are not as easy to find. I prefer a spare tire, plug kits and on board compressor over run flat's. I have seen to many people on RFT not notice the tire is flat until it shreds to pieces on the highway. Yes i know almost every car has TPMS, But majority of the population ignores it. I religiously rotate and keep my tires properly inflated.

One benefit of a run flat though is the ability to keep moving and get out of harms way. Sometimes when you have an actual BLOW OUT its really hard to move to a safe side of the road.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
On Sunday night Autumn 2013, I hit the center ciment when we turn left with another car... too close of mine... Result: 2 big wholes on lateral part of RFT... And, I drove 20 miles to home with those wholes... Also, after Wilma hurricane (remember that on A1A, about 2 stories of débris along that road, all first floor of condo was cleaned by Bobcat...), lot of nails from roof were everywhere... I drove that time a sierra 3/4 t. with 6.5 turbo-diesel with tires of 10 plies... I had a roof nail in my rear tire... never cross the tire because it was diagonal... So, you can do what you want... personally, I will change all tires to put only RFT.

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
If you want to change the tire you will need a jack. I had a RAM truck with air suspension at all 4 corners. In order to change a tire you had to disable the air system so the truck wouldn't try to auto level the truck when you were using the jack.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
Not sure about load range and off road specs. I do know that RFT are often special order, even from commercial tire stores. Ask our guru Google-Ananda.
Sorry, it was rhetorical. There are no RFT Off Road load range E tires. Not that I can recall and not that my Google Assistant can find. All I'm getting at is that for some, maybe most? CT buyers, runflat may not be the best option. I'm very happy with the current suggested tire, very durable, very streetable, very towable, very off roadable. Not runflat. For me, those things out weigh not having to change a tire.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If I were to make a long road trip in my CT I would have a low profile floor jack and my Harbor Freight "Earthquake" impact driver with an assortment of sockets with me. I hate waiting on the side of the road for a service truck. I do the same now when I take my little van on a road trip. Better to have it and not need it and all that rot.

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
‪CyberTruck Owners Club is discussing tire jacks. Since the CyberTruck has an air compressor why not build in air jacks similar to an Indy race car?‬
Sponsored