Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You wear the gear. And in return, you get to filter, lane split, lower emissions, lower fuel costs. Do the work, and you avoid most of the risks. The vast majority of motorcycle fatalities wouldn't have been had, had the rider followed basic safety SMART rider rules.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited:

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram
Occupation
retired
Country flag
DD will be wife's R1T, my cyb:cool:ertruck to tow boat and for road trips! Will sell Winnebago to make room in the garage.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Wait a few months, the trade in value will go back up as soon as the waiting list goes up on a new Model 3. Especially if the full $7500 credit becomes available. Tesla will be pumping out cars as fast as they can, but they probably won't be able to keep up with the increased demand.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Trading in a well used 250k-mile '03 F150, the Roof-rust delight of the neighborhood. Daily driver f'sho, how I'm gonna get a million miles on it if I don't drive it on the daily?!

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Girlfriend is trading her Mach E (that we traded my Y for) in for a Rivian R1S this month. I’ll be adding the quad motor CT to DD status and moving the diesel gladiator on 40s to stupid stuff off road mode. No more vehicle purchases I hope

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
If I drove daily, then I would drive the Cybertruck. Funny thing about that though. I just realized that I haven't driven my Avalon in about 3 weeks, so I just took it for a drive to the beach today. We were on vacation, and then I got sick and haven't gone anywhere for just over 2 weeks. I guess that's my definition of a DD. I actually have driven my Electric bicycle more miles than my DD in the last couple of months. :rolleyes:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I drove daily, then I would drive the Cybertruck. Funny thing about that though. I just realized that I haven't driven my Avalon in about 3 weeks, so I just took it for a drive to the beach today. We were on vacation, and then I got sick and haven't gone anywhere for just over 2 weeks. I guess that's my definition of a DD. I actually have driven my Electric bicycle more miles than my DD in the last couple of months. :rolleyes:
That's why I hope to have V2G or at least V2B. If it's just sitting there, it could still do a teensy amount of work ^-^

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Sorry Sir, but you don't need a Cybertruck. Your reservation has been cancelled

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Yes daily. Replacing the 13' Ford F150.

I just hit 130k miles on the truck this week. I don't typically trade in my vehicle until I'm over 150k miles. My last truck was an F250 that was 18 years old and had over 270k miles on it.

I reserved a CT3 in the first 24hrs. Obviously, we are not sure how that will get handled yet. I guess my assumption is that sometime during the 2023 summer I'll get an email that says, Tesla is only delivering CT4s this year. Do you want one? If the specs and price suit my needs I'll take one. If not, I'll hold the F150 until a later date.

Honestly, the way the truck drives now, I'm sure I could hold it for another 3-5 years (or another 45k - 75k miles)...plus I just had a new stereo head unit and amp installed, so it sounds and functions much better (my Bluetooth stopped working in the original unit and I couldn't stand it any longer.).

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I will be trading my 22 Model Y Perf hoping I don't take a complete bath on depreciation. The price drops etc. are probably going to screw me. Looks like the used EV Tax Credit won't apply so I won't have that supporting the trade-in value. I'm about 200K in line, so I'm thinking 2024 at the earliest. I don't mind if it takes a bit longer honesty. Maybe if Tesla stock makes a come back by then I won't care. :)

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Hopefully (if they give me a good value) trading in a 2018 Model X 100D with ~75k miles on it.

I LOVE the X, and while I think I'll love the CT more, I'm not unhappy with what I have. Just means I'll buy a better enclosed trailer with the saved money.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will be trading my 22 Model Y Perf hoping I don't take a complete bath on depreciation. The price drops etc. are probably going to screw me. Looks like the used EV Tax Credit won't apply so I won't have that supporting the trade-in value. I'm about 200K in line, so I'm thinking 2024 at the earliest. I don't mind if it takes a bit longer honesty. Maybe if Tesla stock makes a come back by then I won't care. :)
You won't get it? Like, good on you for making so much money?

-Crissa

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
Hell yeah badass CT daily driver!

Depends on timing, but I'll either sell my current 19' Model 3 Performance or possibly flip the Fisker Ocean Extreme I got coming (guessing mid to late 2023).

Not trading to Tesla either way as I've never seen a Tesla trade offer that couldn't be beat elsewhere with the typical 3rd party buyers like CarMax, Carvana or KBB local dealer offer.

https://www.kbb.com/instant-cash-offer/
Sponsored