Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Cybertruck would most likely be my DD. I usually take a train to work, about a 4mi one way drive. If it has a solar roof, I may never need to charge it. Steel panels would be impervious to parking lot dings, and remote HVAC controls are a game changer for Chicago hot summers and frigid winters. Will switch to home supply hauling on weekends. My garage is 252” deep - that leaves 30” of clearance. Pretty tight...but at least it would fit. Garage is heated and already has a 60V charger already installed by previous owner for a Cadillac - should be easy to replace with the right Tesla charger. Will definitely get the quad to use as a UTV - would be amazing if you could put a plow or snow thrower on it.

Trade in depends on driving quality - the RR is awesome in that respect. But would sell the RR if it gets no use after the CT shows up...or more likely, the wife will commandeer it and sell her ride.
Sponsored

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 dual motor, and hoping for a tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
CT will be my DD. It’ll replace a 15 Outback as my wife’s DD, which my kiddo will take to college, and a 12 Pathfinder that we use to tow a boat. The boat will be our last remaining ICE including yard equipment, which have been battery electric for the last 5 years, my wife will DD our 2019 Model 3.

Dariwuz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Daily driver for me. I pull a few trailers around for work and pleasure. A34’ airstream, a 25’ boat.... and a 16’ utility trailer. Getting rid of a gmc 2500 pick up. Truck is fine... but at 11 mpg..... yuck. Just want to go all electric as I do not travel real long distances much.

tynichs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Tundra Double Cab, 2014 Camry Hybrid, 2006 Saab 9-3, Tesla Cybertruck TriMotor
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Definitely the daily driver! I am imagining I will have to fight my wife for it though. She wasn't excited about it at first but now she can't wait. That 500+ mileage range will be really nice for business travel.

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
DD when I'm not on a bike. Suburban will go to the next lucky owner.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just what do you mean by DAILY Driver.... I sometimes don't drive for a week. It will be my only vehicle.

Kamakalele

First Name
Kunāne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Honda Ridgeline, preordered Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Emergency Department RN, Manager
Country flag
I'm excited to see these trucks start rolling around the streets. I plan to daily drive mine, however many of my students were surprised that this was going to be my primary vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 2018 VW Atlas and going all in, driving it daily. What is your plan?
I’ll be driving it daily too. I’m getting rid of my Honda Ridgeline, I hope it makes it through the two year wait for the CT. I haul rubbish occasionally and looking forward to see if I can use my TIG welder plugged to the truck.

Sluey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5 40e
Country flag
Planning on CT being my daily driver. Will be trading in a BMW X5 40e.

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Country flag
Daily driver. I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix that has 277k miles on it and some pretty bad oil leaks. I am hoping the Matrix makes it until I get the CT. It's a long wait!

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe, Explorer
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
The CT will be my daily driver. It will replace my 2015 Tahoe. I am getting the tri-motor for range, however, I only need the extra range for hurricane evacuation in the Florida Keys. I would be pulling a cargo trailer so the 500 Mile range would be cut in about half due to towing a trailer. That's enough to get me to the mainland. This is my first Tesla.

dempster

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, Cybertruck preoder
Country flag
Yes DD, will be replacing our Mini Cooper.