Wolverine .v. Maverick.vs.Cyberttruck

ThomasG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru Forester
Country flag
I just looked up Raptor towing and it really isn't that great, 8,200 lbs or so. The 3.5 EcoBoost does a lot better at 14,000. There must be a lot going on in how they set the Raptor up for speed and acceleration. Numbers from Cars.com. I was surprised as the Raptor uses the 3.5 dual turbo which is close to the same engine as the 3.5 EcoBoost. The paylod is pretty low too. The numbers for the Raptor surprised me.

A point of confusion with the F150 is there are so many variables between cabs, beds, engines, 2wd vs 4wd, options and so on that the payload and towing seldom match the "up to numbers."

Anyway, that makes me think a CT comparably priced to the Raptor is going to gobble it up on the numbers, acceleration, payload and towing along with cargo capacity. That doesn't mean that some folks will stick to ICE for not having to stop and wait for charging, but if they simply want performance bragging rights, they probably need a CT.

Yeah, Elon’s going to let FORD fly that flag. Sure.

Such an oversight would betray the Cybertruck launch message, weaken Tesla reputational argument and provide FORD ammunition to craft F-150 marketing bullets.

I’m convinced Raptor is next up in the tug’O war challenge. RWD CT1 is the perfect foil.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
The raptor is set up for high speed desert/sand. The suspension is soft/long travel, that is not good for high payload and towing capacity, hence the low numbers..

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The raptor is set up for high speed desert/sand. The suspension is soft/long travel, that is not good for high payload and towing capacity, hence the low numbers..
Possibly another win for Cybertruck with adjustable air suspension.

Adjust Cybertruck suspension hard for work & soft for play.

Also Cybertruck has higher ground clearance ( 16" ), better approach angle (35 degree) & and departure angle (28 degree).
Sponsored