Would you rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

Would rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

• Total voters

cybertruckjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster City
Occupation
US Army
Country flag

Why do you want one over the other?
Sponsored

Last edited:

outdoors_jp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Rivian R1S, Cybertruck
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I don't think I'll need that 6th seat all the time but the few times I will need it it will be very nice. The rest of the time I plan to have it folded down and use the built in console. Having the 6th seat as an option is huge to me.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
We don't have to choose one or the other, we can have both!
I am more interested in getting a trailer hitch tube and trailer lite plug-in of the stern of my CyberPunkTruck....pleeeeaase do NOT make me go to a hitch shop and have this put on , as these guys around here in South Carolina "Know NOT what they DO!"

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'd rather have zero back seats, zero back doors, and a longer bed.
If you're gonna call it a truck, make it a truck, not a minivan with an open cargo area.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I posted these comments elsewhere, but I'll repeat them: I know several guys who are a one-man-gang. That is a single contractor guy who is the sole driver, owner, contractor who has a big galvanized toolbox bolted into the bed of his pickup. How great would it be to have the suggested feature of folding the rear seat forward and install a big toolbox of his valuable power tools? That leaves the huge bed to be utilized for hauling trash and lumber or whatever. Leave the back seat foldable, but let it be an option for the soccer mom or a contractor who needs to transport a bunch of guys to and from a job site. For sure, leave the big foldable console in place for the guy who never transports any other person in the front seat.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Isnt the front a bench seat? with 3 spots. make the back a bench seat?

but personally I rarely drive more than 1 other person. and will probably be removing the rear seats.
anyone in the back can just use a camping chair :ROFLMAO: (im kidding)

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Isnt the front a bench seat? with 3 spots. make the back a bench seat?

but personally I rarely drive more than 1 other person. and will probably be removing the rear seats.
anyone in the back can just use a camping chair :ROFLMAO: (im kidding)
The back are bench seats, the front are bucket seats.

alexbeau

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicles
Current: F250 Super Duty - Future: Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Youtuber
Country flag
I’m a big fan of their current design that sacrifices a bit of storage but gives you a 6th seat when you need it. I’m not a person that keeps a lot of junk in the center console anyway. The one on my truck is mostly empty. That being said, I also rarely have 6 people in car so I’d prefer the storage if I had to pick.

Deleted member 5322

I would prefer to have 6 seats. It is a great option. But if this middle seat can be easy removed and taken out the truck - that would convince me put more money in. In this case i would have room for a portable fridge when i need, or if i have all my kids - i have 6 seatser!

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag

I would rather tell the 6th person they need to get a ride in someone else's vehicle than have all the personal effects I have placed in the "folded down seat storage console" smashed into the bottom of said storage console upon lifting it up for that sixth person to hitch a ride...

I only say this because I am not purchasing this as a "work" vehicle. It is My vehicle that will be used for work occasionally. And a majority of that work will take place in the vault, not the stupid 6th seat which would be much more useful to me as a center console.

Honestly this is my only gripe about this vehicle (assuming a 5-seat option isn't made available). Don't get me wrong. If you need the 6th seat for work or family, I totally understand. I do not and like I said that 6th person will catch a ride in another vehicle before I lift up that 6th seat back and let gravity smash all of my stuff into the bottom of the seat back storage bin.

there is a reason the best selling vehicles in the country (F150s) have a 5-seat option.

Also, I'm not cancelling my order if there's no 5-seat option. That 6th person will have to fend for themselves if the situation ever comes about!

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
The back are bench seats, the front are bucket seats.
I think this is misleading. Based on what we can see in pictures, the driver and passenger seats look like comfy "bucket" seats, but I don't think we know what the actual configuration is yet. And by that I mean it is technically a "bench" front seat with the center seat, but is it 40-20-40 or 40-60 or what? So I sort of agree with you that they are bucket seats but only in the fact that they look comfy and may be independently adjustable forward to back. Having that center seat technically makes it a "bench" even if they can be independently adjusted and a comfy and bucket looking.
Sponsored